Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (bullydog)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-03-2010, 7:02 AM Reply   
. So I was helping my mother move from Texas to Tennessee and on the way back to Tennessee I got a speeding ticket in Greenville, Texas. Iím just wondering since Iím a Tennessee resident, if I just pay the ticket do they report it to the insurance company or do they just accept payment and leave it at that? I haven't gotten a ticket in seven or more years and I would like to keep this off my record if at all possible. From what I read on the ticket I can't take the drivers class because it was in a construction zone. I've been looking into hiring a traffic attorney but I don't want to waste the money if I can just pay it and they never say anything else about it.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-03-2010, 7:12 AM Reply   
Andrew, IMO, call the courthouse.

How big is Greenville? If thye are small, if you just call they may let you take defensive driving. It could be one of those towns where the judge/prosecutor/sherrif/administrator is the same person, lol.

They just want the revenue.
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-03-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   

I am from Minnesota. I got a ticket while going thru Nebraska. It was also a construction zone.

Anyways, when i got home from my trip i just paid the ticket.

My insurance has not gone up since i got the ticket, I got the ticket in June of 2009. I asked my insurance about it and they said yeah we see it but you dont have any other ones so you dont need to worry.

So maybe you should just check with your insurance person and see what they say.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-03-2010, 12:23 PM Reply   
Usually anything under 10mph over does not effect your insurance. The construction zone my be the key there though. Usually most states offer a diversion program. You could look into that. It usually requires you pay an extra amount and keep a clean record for a certain period of time.
Old     (bullydog)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-03-2010, 1:03 PM Reply   
I called the Court house today and she told me that they would report the ticket, I also have thought about hiring a traffic attorney but I’m sure it will be costly and still not guaranteed that I will get off.

Oh well it could be worse. I'm sure my insurance won't go up that much.

Thanks Guys.
Old    bigdtx            05-03-2010, 1:39 PM Reply   
greenville is about 30 - 45 outside of Dallas. Notorious speed trap and big time rednecks. Pay the fine - and slow down.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       05-03-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
I don't know about Texas, but here in St. Louis a traffic attorney will take care of it for about $99. Of course the fine will be bigger, but they will turn it into a non-moving violation for the extra $$.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:07 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us