Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (craig_xti_88)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-29-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
Thinking about getting this set up. Has anyone ridden this board with these boots? Pros, cons?
I currently wride a Hyperlight State 141 with older faction bindings. I'm 6'1" about 175. Will the board be long enough? Basically could someone give me some insight into this board combo. Thanks!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-29-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
a 140 to 142cm board will probably fit you better from a stance perspective. your height more than your weight will make a difference. whats your skill level.also a longer board is easier to ride.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-29-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
The 07 Drivers have a lot of laces that can get twisted and take a little longer to get on, but they feel great riding. Had a 142 Recoil (160lber) and liked it but this year changed to Reflex to get a faster board.
Old     (craig_xti_88)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-29-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
I'd say I'm in the intermediate range. Wake to wake 180s, working on backroll and tantrum, landed a 360 a couple times. In the wake specials they have the Recoil 138, Response 142, and the Reflex 137. What would be the difference between the boards?
Old     (craig_xti_88)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-29-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
Also do the boots fit big or small? I'm usually about a 10.5 to 11 shoe.
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       04-29-2010, 10:55 AM Reply   
Do you ride boat, cable, or both? I've heard that the Response is best for all-around riding, if you switch between cable and boat a lot. Also, the Drivers i've heard are stiff boots, so if you like a more loose feeling binding, the PB Floyds would be a good choice. I actually just bought a Response 142, haven't ridden it yet. i'm 6'1" 160, so it'd definitely be a good size for you to ride
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-29-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
The Recoil is their 3stage, Reflex mellow 3stage, Response Continuous rocker. Haven't been on the Response but the Recoil is kind of slow but poppy and seems to have more flex than the Reflex. You will get people that like each one and depends on what you are looking for. I wear a 9.5 to 10 and got the 10s and they fit perfect so would go with the 11s.
Old     (craig_xti_88)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-29-2010, 10:59 AM Reply   
I just ride behind a boat. I'm trying to do this on the cheap and the $299 package just has the Drivers. The PB Floyds come in the $399 package. Gotta pay for summer class and an internship to D.C. next fall too.
Old     (craig_xti_88)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-29-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
How will the Continuous rocker compair to a 3 stage?
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-29-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
The continuous will be faster, a little less vertical pop, and a little more fogiving on the landing if you land on the middle of the board.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-29-2010, 11:24 AM Reply   
For your size I wouldnt get anything smaller than a 142. Im 6'4 180 and was riding the Recoil 142. I switched to the Response 145 and really cant feel that much of a difference in the two boards. I think with flex boards 3-stage vs. continuous is not as big of a factor since the board is flexing all the time. Those bindings are really comfy. I cut out the ankle harness and velcro strap and the lace clips and just tied them in a knot. Quick in and out after that.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-29-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
I wear a size 11.5 shoe and got size 11 D2s and they fit snug, but thats the way you want them. I'd call slingshot. The true size of bindings vary between different years and models, though, so i would call slingshot and ask them for their advice, I did when I was purchasing and they gave me great advice.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-29-2010, 9:25 PM Reply   
The 2007 slingshot Drivers have the overall thickest liners EVER. They are thick from cuff to toe! They were considered too bulky when they came out... The general demmand these days seems to be, "Make 'em slim and make 'em light." You will have a bit of a bigger boot overall but will have greater cush all around, which I personally think is better. I used to think the 2007 boots had no footbed, but this is not true. the footbed is on the inside of the 2007 liner and is nice with the extra thick liner. newer boots have it on the inside of the shell and it is a different material.

i wear a 10.5 shoe and prefer the size 10, 2007 boot but prefer the size 11 in 2008 and newer. i think the added thickness in the 2007 toe box allowed me to feel comfortable at the smaller size. BUT it is easier to add than to subtract as they say. you could wear socks to squeeze things up if they proved to be a little large. consider also that they might pack a bit. you can also heat mold the boots. However, it is my opinion that the liners get ever so very Slightly stiffer after each molding.

the 2007 boots also have an interior ankle harness that is Intigrated into the boot. If you like to NOT come out of your boots on a fall, lace that sucker up. Otherwise i would remove the laces from the interior harness which would subtract 1 of 3 laces. The laces are so long you could re lace the boot to make the outer shell laceable with one lace. You can even buy laces from a shoe store to give a personal style

Hope you love it. Slingshot boards are just SOOO fun to ride i think
Old     (craig_xti_88)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-01-2010, 8:49 PM Reply   
Well I decided against the Slingshot due to the fact I can't try them on. I tried on some 2010 CWB Factions and they seemed pretty nice. When they get wet will they shrink or get bigger? When I tried them on they were tight but I still had a little room. The next size up was way to big. Is this normal?