Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-15-2010, 2:52 PM Reply   
I'm getting a new board and I'm looking hard at the LF PS3 or Lyman. I hope to demo them both but I was wondering if anyone out there has anything to say or any advice to give about these boards. I'm an intermediate rider and working hard to get better! , I ride behind a Malibu 23lsv and don't really ride any rails/cable parks etc. What do you think?
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-16-2010, 6:01 AM Reply   
Since you ride behind a Malibu 23LSV you should get the Lyman, since that is pretty much the same boat Keith has. He goes pretty big behind the 'Bu so you should be able to as well if you ride the same setup.

All kidding aside, the Lyman is an awesome board. It takes a lot of the good aspects out of the entire LF line and puts it all in one package. If you like a board thats hard-charging, consistent, has plenty of pop and lands fast and smooth, then the Lyman is for you. I am personally not a big fan of the PS3, but try them both.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-16-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
The Lyman is a great board. It gives you the best of both worlds. It is a pretty fast board and it pops hard off the wake. I really like the Lyman, and besides the Watson, it is probably my fav LF board (that I have ridden).

I have not rode the PS3, nor do I really know anyone that has. I have heard that many people prefer the S4 to the PS3. Is there anything in particular that you like about the PS3 or the Lyman? Have you ridden the Watson? I would definitely try as many boards as possible.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2010, 8:40 AM Reply   
I've been on both, and the PS3 was okay at best, just felt sluggish to me.... so of those two I would say lyman, but..............

I know it wasn't one of your options but if you're looking for a similar board that just rides better IMO check out the slingshot response...
Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-16-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
Thanks for all or your opinions, I will also look at the Slingshot. I don't know anything about the SS or the Ronix so I kind of ruled them out because I didn't know where to start. I guess I always figured them to be more designed for the cable park stuff (which is awesome but I just don't go). I was also looking at the CWB Transcend.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-16-2010, 3:20 PM Reply   
Now you're talking! If you get a chance to demo some boards, definitely make sure you try out the Transcend.

What board are you riding now? Perhaps we can offer some similarities etc.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       04-19-2010, 4:53 PM Reply   
I have an 08 Lyman for sale. I have been on all three and my favorite by far is the Watson. PS3 is a good board just not as fast and seems much stiffer.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-19-2010, 6:47 PM Reply   
I ride the 09 Lyman LTD and its an awesome board!! Really fast with super pop....i have gone finless with it and its a blast!! This weekend I noticed my backrolls are more lofty and tantrums look so clean.....you can really notice the pop once you get used to it
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-19-2010, 7:18 PM Reply   
While youre looking at the LF boards do yourself a favor and try the S4. Pretty much takes everything good about the old PS3 shape and makes it better while adding softer landings. Tracks hard but releases easy.

For a totally different feel the watson hybrid is pretty sick, its got a nice lively feel with a bit of flex but nothing like the slingshots or comany boards. Lands like butter. Just swap out the stock fins for lyman fins and she rides beautifully.
Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-20-2010, 1:40 PM Reply   
Now you guys have got me thinkin about so many boards. I'm an old guy (40) and my knees will definitely like the idea of the softer landing. Someone asked me what I ride know, it's a CWB Sol. It was fine for me to learn on but now I think I need something better to progress I love to hear all the thoughts. I will just have to go demo some boards. Will they let me demo 3 or 4 different boards?
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-20-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
At 40 with bad knees, go with a board designed by a guy with knee problems ie the Lyman. The S4 is going to be the buckiest pop out of the lineup, and I would definitely go with it over the PS3. You are going to get a lot more speed with the Lyman and it still is a 3-Stage rocker and is pretty much designed to go big into the flats and have soft landings.