Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (97sunsetter)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-03-2010, 1:07 PM Reply   
Who all rides down in Tennessee at Norris Lake? Where do you mostly ride at? We usually stick around Flat Hollow and down past it where there is usually always butter. I created a Norris Lake group, join up so perhaps we can all meet up sometime.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-03-2010, 1:10 PM Reply   
There are alot of guys on Tigeowners.com that ride/live there. I will try to send some over here or you can go there and search. There is a ride planned this summer.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-03-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
I try to get down there at least a couple of times a year. We ride up the Powell River, which is right out of Flat Hollow......IMO the best place on the lake. It's so calm that sometimes the dust settles on top of the water.
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-03-2010, 7:33 PM Reply   
We take vacation there every July with a huge group of friends. We stay at the cabins at the dam and keep our boat at the marina there for the 10 days we're there. We normally hit up Cove Creek all the way to Twin Cove, up Indian River (Powell River I think is the formal name for it or Big Cover or somethin) or up toward Sequoyah, take the turn towards Stardust and beyond (always calm and extremely clear water), up to Shanghai/Springs/Sugar Hollow to jump off "the bridge." We never go beyond the main big part though or anywhere past Springs since it's too far from Norris Dam...
Old     (97sunsetter)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-09-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
Got to love "The Bridge"!
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-10-2010, 4:41 AM Reply   
We have booked a floating house on Norris this year at flat hollow around June and again in August. We have never ridden on it but heard great things. Somebody mentioned in another forum they were hoping the water was back to normal levels this year. Is there any word if its rising back to that? We are stoked to go to Norris and I'm even more stoked that the area where we are staying is mostly butter.
Old     (tdub)      Join Date: May 2009       03-10-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
http://www.norrislake.info/Level.asp shows the current water level.

We'll be looking for the shiny new Axis!
Old     (vrider202)      Join Date: May 2008       03-10-2010, 7:13 AM Reply   
Been going to Norris for 20 plus years. I liked it so much I even bought a house there at the entrance to The Willows at Twin Cove. We sold the house last fall though, in part because I like the other end of the lake so much more. Norris is beautiful everywhere, but it's hard to beat the butter you find by turning left out of Flat Hollow. Miles of glass.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-10-2010, 7:20 AM Reply   
Thx for the level indicator TDub. Looks like they are pretty close. We are only 9 feet away from full in Boone lake, yay...
We are takin the Axis and 2 jetskis (mostly to scout out areas, but also in case the ppl we go with just want to ride jetskis).
Im excited to hear around flat hollow is just miles of glass...
Old     (tdub)      Join Date: May 2009       03-10-2010, 7:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermustang35 View Post
Thx for the level indicator TDub. Looks like they are pretty close. We are only 9 feet away from full in Boone lake, yay...
We are takin the Axis and 2 jetskis (mostly to scout out areas, but also in case the ppl we go with just want to ride jetskis).
Im excited to hear around flat hollow is just miles of glass...
Glad to help!

The water level is in great shape. They have actually been releasing a lot of water after all the snow & rain that the region has had.

Be careful in June if there has been a lot of rain. Sometimes, if the water level raises up high (like early last season), the debris can be treacherous on this part of the lake. My wife and I each dinged a prop. The 2 PWC can definitely help you scout out areas.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-10-2010, 8:07 AM Reply   
Cool, Thanks TDub, I may give you a yell before we head up there if you don't mind to get a report on how the conditions have been with rainfall and debris and etc.
Old     (tdub)      Join Date: May 2009       03-10-2010, 8:51 AM Reply   
No problem. I sent you a PM with my contact info.
Old     (quikfix51)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-10-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
Can you ride below the john sevier steam plant in rogersville>? I always wondered about that, if its deep enough and warm? Would be good for a winter time wake fix if possible......
Old     (dwakesetter)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-10-2010, 3:13 PM Reply   
Usually when we have a shift change I will go out with one of the guys for a quick set just to the right of Stardust. About once a week we go up to Twin Coves, and it is a wast of gas not to ride. But on the weekends I am usually around the Hickory Star area just hanging out with my family. We do head up the powell about once a month to deliver a boat, and get a set in. And we always head up big creek on Friday nights before wing night. So if anyone ever wants to get a set in on the weekdays on Norris, just email me.
Old     (MikeyG)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-20-2010, 6:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwakesetter View Post
Usually when we have a shift change I will go out with one of the guys for a quick set just to the right of Stardust. About once a week we go up to Twin Coves, and it is a wast of gas not to ride. But on the weekends I am usually around the Hickory Star area just hanging out with my family. We do head up the powell about once a month to deliver a boat, and get a set in. And we always head up big creek on Friday nights before wing night. So if anyone ever wants to get a set in on the weekdays on Norris, just email me.

Man I am at Hickory Star all the time! I try and get out at least 3 times a week. If you want to get out during the week just let me know. I'd be glad to go out. I usually don't go out due to the fact that I have nobody to go with. Just say the word!