Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-06-2010, 11:04 AM Reply   
I'm considering going from an 07 LF Witness to a 2010 Ibex. Anyone ridden both boards?
I ride the Witness without the center fin. I'm an intermediate rider. I can do all 4 front side 180's W2W. 6'2", 200 - 205 lbs

Thanks for any info.

Last edited by bcail; 04-06-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old     (schmidt18)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-06-2010, 6:18 PM Reply   
Hey man, I ride the Ibex, it's by far one of the fastest boards out there and imo one of THE best boards out there. I would go with it and don't look back. It will take a few sets to get used to, but it will be worth it.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-06-2010, 7:41 PM Reply   
I ride a 144 witness. I've been riding for 16 years, and the Witness is by far my favorite board yet. If you try something new, don't sell your Witness until you know you like something better.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-06-2010, 8:01 PM Reply   
I have to agree with Scholedrider. The Witness is one of the best shapes out there, especially for an intermediate rider. The Ibex is going to be a lot faster board, so demo the Ibex to see if you like it, but keep the Witness until you're sure because it's a great shape.
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-07-2010, 6:13 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, I rode a 139 (a little short for me) Ibex last weekend. I felt that it had better pop than the Witness, not sure abotu the speed.

Any other thoughts.........
Old     (schmidt18)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-07-2010, 7:07 AM Reply   
I actually started with the Ibex 144 and felt it was too long for me, not very easy to maneuver in the air so I went back down to the 139 and love it. I'm 6'3" 210lbs. I have never rode the witness, but have to agree with Scholedrider & Andrew, keep you witness until you find that new board you like. The Ibex has some of the best pop that I have ever experienced on a board and holds it's edge really well.

All comes down to personal preference and what you feel comfortable on. My best suggestion is take your witness with you and ride back to back sessions to determine if there is enough of a noticeable difference that you like about the new board vs your current board. Try different lengths as well, do basic cuts, slides, jumps, etc, and have fun with it.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-07-2010, 8:51 AM Reply   
Never ridden the Ibex (heard good things)...

Thats said, i absolutely love the witness. If they stop making that shape, i will buy and horde as many boards i can fine. the pop is right, board is loose (ish), and the edges are super forgiving.
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-07-2010, 2:44 PM Reply   
Ok, a related question as I have really enjoyed the Witness. Has the shape changed any since '07 and if so how?
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-07-2010, 8:13 PM Reply   
No its the same shape. I thought I heard that a new one is coming out next year though. I love my witness and short of a new flex board I'm not changing it for any board. I just like it alot
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-08-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
Thanks guys

Still not sure what I'm going to do but I appreciate the info.