Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-31-2010, 5:28 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, I am rebuilding the ballast system in my boat. After much thought, I decided to use the Tsunami 1200 aerator pumps. The boat is a 2001 x-30. I am getting rid of the old system because most of the pumps are bad, so i am going to just run the Tsunamis and upgrade to a 1" hose to maximize flow rate. The original system in the boat used the cable-actuated ballast valves. I still have the control knob for the old set-up. My question is: Does anyone make those older style Cable-actuated valves for a 1" diameter hose? This would be my ideal setup, but i understand I may not be able to find them. If not, what have some of you others used in this situation?

Also- I was looking at buying the 1" black hose from a dealer or online but it seems to be about $2.50 a foot. Being a BCM major i started thinking and had this thought- could i use 1" diameter PEX Tubing. This stuff is everywhere in the building industry and is taking over mainstream plumbing applications over copper. I have found 100' rolls of this stuff on ebay for 80$, so its considerably cheaper. My only dilemma here is i need to figure out how to clamp it to the fittings.

Sorry for the long post but help me out here guys!
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-31-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
I have given some thought to upgrading to 1" tubing, but am concerned that the inlets to my tanks and bags are all only 3/4", so I am not sure that using 1" tubing really gets me anywhere. I researched tubing a lot, and didn't find anything as cheap as what you found. If what you found has the flexibility and kink resistance to make the curves you need to make, it sounds like a good thought.
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       03-31-2010, 7:13 PM Reply   
Here is what I used:
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-01-2010, 6:16 AM Reply   
this is what we used
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-01-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
how did you clamp the pvc to the fittings Dax?
Old     (wkbrdrchad)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-01-2010, 10:10 AM Reply   
I used Flexible Spa Tubing and it works great. Did a quick search on Ebay and found a 50' roll for just under $50.

I know you can get this at most home improvement stores as well. Just use a heat gun ($20) and some soapy water to get it onto your fittings. I found I didn't even need hose clamps because it basically molds right to your fittings and stays tight.
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       04-01-2010, 4:46 PM Reply   
I just used one inch hose barbs. The ID of the liquid tight is the same as 1 inch hose.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:37 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us