Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-12-2010, 7:36 PM Reply   
Anyone been there during spring? What all is open during spring? I'm heading out late March and wanted to know some opinion...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-12-2010, 8:59 PM Reply   
I went last year about this time. Not as good of a snow year last year and it was warm. All was open, but it was packed. If it's windy and they shut down the higher lifts it's terrible because everyone is stuck in one area. If you like big, just to be big, it's a good place. Personally I was more than happy to drive the half hr to Sierra at Tahoe, or even further to the likes of Kirkwood. I don't like crowds. The Heavenly area nightlife is definitely worth staying there for, but I liked riding outside of Heavenly. Good parks though, last year at least
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-12-2010, 10:33 PM Reply   
+1 one for what A-dub said ... it can get crazy nuts... I assume you're goin for spring break, and it will get nuts.

The terrain was great but the crowds weren't.
Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-13-2010, 4:23 AM Reply   
Yeah Heavenly is good, but you're prob'ly better to hit the Cali side of the mountain or headdin' further north of Tahoe it's usually packed around the end of Feb/ early March (lotta ppl gettin' it in before end of season), if you're goin @ the end of March it might not be as crowded, but who knows, ppl still may be tryin to get in on the last bit 'o pow before spring hits. so yeah it might be heavy on the crowds still

Last edited by quik876; 03-13-2010 at 4:26 AM.
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-13-2010, 6:33 AM Reply   
I think I'll be alright as far as crowds go i'm pretty small, and I have a lot of control as far as coming off a broken foot goes
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-13-2010, 7:12 AM Reply   
crowds on the actual runs are fine, but at the lifts it sucks... you spend more time waiting to get on the lift than anything else....

also the little park rats who camp out on the top of hits.... thats my biggest pet peeve
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       03-15-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
hey man, honestly save yourself the 100 dollar lift ticket and ride somewhere else. if you are looking for a resort with a great view, ride there for a day in the middle of the week, it has an awesome view of the lake. other than that the lines are insane and a lot of the runs get really flat and you will end up having to skate a lot. there are so many good resorts in that area don't waste your time and money at heavenly
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       03-15-2010, 12:32 PM Reply   
not sure people giving you feedback on heave are people in he know. it gets crowded at the lodge area were all the newbies ride other than that its open.

I always hated on that place until i got a pass there this year. I have had my pass at kirkwood for 5 yrs so i know what good terrain is.i got it at heave this yr because we have a cabin that is 2 miles away. nothing beats sleeping in on a pow day then driving 5 mins to the lifts.

Heavenly is just that. There is not a better place for a bluebird pow day. It has insane tree runs all over the mountain 5000 acres these are usually good for days after a storm some of the best steeps mott an killbrew which are gnarly as hell. you just have to know were to go.

if your a park guy then there are 3 sick parks and one of which has the biggest hits i have seen.

If your not a solid rider than you may have some skating to do, but the only time i have had to unstrap is when i am with my girl and going at her pace she is still intermediate rider. I have no problem bombing thru.

If you end up there PM me i can show you around. I have showed all my boys what that place is about and they have all changed thier mind too.
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-15-2010, 8:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfrider139 View Post
hey man, honestly save yourself the 100 dollar lift ticket and ride somewhere else. if you are looking for a resort with a great view, ride there for a day in the middle of the week, it has an awesome view of the lake. other than that the lines are insane and a lot of the runs get really flat and you will end up having to skate a lot. there are so many good resorts in that area don't waste your time and money at heavenly
Dillon, it's not a matter of which park and when, its a matter of how it's gonna be when I am there. I am out of MN, and I already have tickets for flying out Thurs. Night, and leaving Sunday afternoon. My uncle is the president of catering for Hyatt, and they gave him lift tickets for the whole family Friday and Saturday, and we're not going to turn down free lift tickets, no matter the park or how busy/bad/boring it is... I left that whole part out in above posts...

Anyway, thanks Soli, Tomsyk, and anybody else for the input. It's gonna help a lot.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       03-16-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
dude even on the weekends in newbie land the lift line is like 2 or 3 mins.

dont worry dude ur love it. check out groove park for some fun smaller hits. then work your way over to the bigger parks. honestly the other parks see way less actions because of how advanced they are.
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       03-16-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
well you can never lose with free tickets haha...heavenly is a cool place you will have a good time for sure, i was just saying if you were to be spending a week of so in tahoe there are some other awesome places to ride
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-16-2010, 4:18 PM Reply   
Heavenly parks are SIC!! the way they got them set up is legit. you can hit all 3 parks in one run. Starting with the most advanced to the intermediate to the beginner park. the park runs arent a mile long like at northstar or sierra but they're legit and their features dont disappoint.

a pow day is nuts there. so much terrain you cant cover the mtn in one day. perfect on a busy day as long as you get up there early you'll miss the crowd at the gondola or tram and once you get up top the lift lines are less than 10 minutes even on the busiest days.

if you like to lap the park tho i'd suggest northstar, sierra, or even boreal. nutty features and long runs with hit after hit after hit...kingvale is sic too $25 to ride a rope tow and fun ass rails...