Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    James Harold (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-04-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
I have had a warranty on my boat since I ve had it .Two years ago I decided to get the best warranty I could for my boat from "" Bruswick Product Protection Corp." some guy there told me yeah this covers everything except wear and tair,spent alot of money on this warranty,So yesterday my mechanic called them for a defect on my boat and they would nt cover it ,then he finds out that the whole policy was they ripped me off,it doesnt cover anything ,so watch out when you purchase these warranties most of them are crap...
Old    Jeff Walker (surfdad)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-04-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
That sucks James, who sold you the warranty or did you go direct to Brunswick?
Old    James Harold (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-04-2010, 4:13 PM Reply   
Talk to someone at brunswick and they miss lead me with false information.
Old    James Harold (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-04-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
and took my money no problem.So anyone out there going to buy a warranty make sure you check everything over..and if you have a warranty check out the info.
Old    Art (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-04-2010, 5:03 PM Reply   
They're on SeaRay owner's group website.
Old    Ricardo (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       02-04-2010, 5:43 PM Reply   
What was wrong with your boat James?
Old    James Harold (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-04-2010, 6:24 PM Reply   
boat is dialed ,I just got the brakes fixed and there was a defect on one side that the warranty company was suppose to cover under my policy ,then they told jim its not covered and he looked it up and told them it was,then he started looking into the warranty and saw that they the whole warranty was ended up losing alot off money likely nothing crazy happened to my boat ,but this was a company I thought I could trust ,I guess these days you have to watch out for rip offs,,,,
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-05-2010, 12:43 AM Reply   
I have had really good luck with FPC and they covered issues on both the boat motor and boat trailer. (replaced the leaf springs). Extended warranty policies are only good if they actually pay a claim. James, I would recommed you contact the Insurance commissioner in your state and file a claim/complaint. At the very least the State can revoke their license to sell the policies.
Old    James Harold (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-05-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
thanks packrat.
Old    Paul (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-05-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
Did you not read the policy before you bought it?
Old    James Harold (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-05-2010, 3:25 PM Reply   
yeah, I didnt look at it first, I got talked into getting it from two people in the company which I had alot of questions for, and they told me yeah thats the best policy and it covers everything in the engine and the trailer.except wear and tair.I had talked to them for a long timer.my problem is I trust alot of people and I should have looked over the paperwork better.I learned a big lesson.Now a days you have to be aware of what people try to scam you for.