Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-18-2010, 8:54 PM Reply   
Well....I have about a year or so left here at Ft Lewis which actually turned out to be a prime boating spot with American Lake on the base and all. That being said, what other Army bases are in prime boating territory out there? Ideal would be a lake within 20 minutes of the hospital/clinic on the base.

Later

Bakes
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       01-18-2010, 10:24 PM Reply   
Ft knox ky is bout 35 away from rough river lake which is butter on weekdays and evenings and there is a pretty big wake scene/group of people there. also its a very big lake and I used to be stationed there its a nice community. no one really deploys from knox either its tradoc. I liked it so much i live in louisville 30 mins outside after my ets.
Old     (jyoungusa)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-19-2010, 1:02 PM Reply   
Fort Lee is about 10 miles from Lake Chesdin, about an hour from both Lake Anna to the north and Lake Gaston to the south. Also have areas on the James River in the area that are big into WB.

Southern Ski Boats is outside the main gate as well, so service and sales are readily available
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-19-2010, 4:24 PM Reply   
Ft Hood in Texas close to several lakes and one of the "meccas" of wakeboarding..also close to TSR.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-20-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
Ft. Riley. It right next to Milford Lake!! lol.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-20-2010, 4:44 PM Reply   
Ft. Hood; ride at Belton Lake. That's my lake! :-)
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-20-2010, 5:13 PM Reply   
Fort Bragg is getting ready to put another cable back in.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-21-2010, 7:19 AM Reply   
When I was at Ft Gordon. There was a nice lake just off base. I don't remember the name of it sorry.
Old     (jyoungusa)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-21-2010, 8:16 AM Reply   
Ft Gordon - Clarks Hill/Strom Thurmond

they also Wake on the Savannah River through downtown Augusta
Old     (adam1680)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-30-2010, 7:00 PM Reply   
Fort Bragg has Carolina Lakes which is 500 acres of private lake if you move to the community. If you come here and want a pull.. Look me up.
Old     (winchinretention)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-01-2010, 4:57 AM Reply   
All wrong. Ft. Campbel KY You have the buttery ass cumberland right there. Its so nice. Thats where I grew up till I moved to atlanta for college. I graduate this summer and cant wait to move back to that sweet sweet butter. Most the guys around there that ride are military but of course, there is a lot of comming and going.
There used to be a guy who rode pro veterans who was stationed there but I cant recall his name right now. If you end up there let me know and well go out, I gotta 04 nautique that lives there still.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-01-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
Bakes, Ft Dix in NJ is less than 30 mins from where we ride. We've had a couple really cool guys out with us from there.
The base is about 1 hour from NYC and even closer to Philly and the Jersey shore.
We have a really nice group of riders here on the river. If you end up there, give me a shout for some pulls.

-Dave
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-01-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
Did someone say Jersey Shore?
Upload