Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       12-29-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
If anybody has riding information near Cincinnati let me know. Also, please comment on these lakes if possible. Thanks!

Caesar's Creek (OH)
Deer Creek (OH)
Indian Lake (OH)
Lake Cumberland (KY)
Dale Hollow (KY)
Norris Lake (TN)
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-29-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
Caesars Creek is decent during the week, but can get blown out during the weekend. Just like most places the best water is early morning or late evening. It's not that big of a lake either but there are a few spots where you can get some decent lines. That's where me and my friends ride for the most part.

Cumberland is a blast with great water in the arms of the lake. the main lake from what I hear can get pretty choppy. I have never been on the main part of the lake at Cumberland. Never found a reason to head out on it.

Norris is by far my favorite place to ride and you can always find great water up the Powell. For Norris, the best place to stay or put in would be Flat Hollow Marina. From the marina head left and go up the Powell and you will find miles and miles of butter.

No experience with any of the other lakes mentioned. I have heard that Dale Hollow is also a great place to go for good water.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       12-29-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
I don't know about Deer Creek, but Indian Lake may take the cake for worst water sports lake in Ohio.

Can't go wrong with any of the KY/TN lakes, and the Ohio River usually has some good stuff if you don't mind ducking the occasional barge.
Old     (gangster_wake)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-29-2009, 2:15 PM Reply   
Check out www.cincywake.com and www.wakenation.com

Riders from Ky and OH can give you great input
Old     (wakenation)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-30-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
Wake Nation is the cable park in Cincinnati. Come check us out this summer.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-03-2010, 5:36 PM Reply   
Deer Creek is Small but not bad on the weekends, I live in Hilliard and our boat is stored down in Grove City about 20 minutes from there. Indian Lake is about 8 to 12 feet deep, the wind and the boat traffic makes is for a rough mess on the weekend. We have a condo down at Norris lake that we use when it's not rented out. There is always plenty of great water on the lake, even on the weekend.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-03-2010, 8:02 PM Reply   
The Ohio River should be good but I've only been on it a handful of times.
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       01-06-2010, 12:19 PM Reply   
How about Lake Waynoka?
Old     (footinfool)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-26-2010, 5:36 PM Reply   
have lived at lake waynoka for 8 yrs. about 300 acre private gated community. awesome water through the week. can get a little crowded on some weekends.
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-26-2010, 5:44 PM Reply   
I have only been to norris a handful of times, seems like you can always find a smooth place to ride.

but watch out for riding in the mornings when its foggy. a fishing boat might take you out. norriswake.com