Save the cash and do it yourself. $200 - 250 + can be spent on other things
1) You definitely want a second person to help you out, but wait till the end to break out the beer…
2) Don’t start in the afternoon; otherwise you’ll be finishing in the dark…
3) Try to have the boat parked on level ground – this will help when you do the walk around to make sure everything is even & centered.
4) Lay masking tape over the spots you will be drilling.
5) Before you drill make sure you have enough clearance on the backside so the back-plate will fit correctly!
6) Measure three times, drill once.
7) And whatever you do…. Don't use an air socket to tighten the bolts!
8) To counter sink the holes I used a cone shaped bit from my dremel kit..
9) And…. Don’t make plans for the following day because you’ll be busy riding!
And a HUGE time saving tip that I found on this board…. When it comes time to run the wires for the stereo/lights, drill the holes in the tower, and then use a vacuum cleaner to suck the dental floss through (a whole 2 seconds). Next use the dental floss to pull a heavier string through which in turn will be used to pull the cabling through. Rule # 9 applies after this project too!
Here's a time lapse video of the install – you too can do it in 70 seconds. http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=8109
(Message edited by dcervenka on July 31, 2003)