Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old    tj (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-01-2009, 7:01 AM Reply   
So way back in Feb. I ordered one of these Flag Buddy products. I have been using it a few months now (since May 1st) and finally got around to snapping some pics.

My report is that it is the best flag solution for wakeboarding boats that I've found. It can mount in a lot of places, but I mount it right to the front of the bimini on my Malibu and it provides really good 360 degree visibility. Its also very sturdy and has never fallen off.

Here are some pics of what it looks like:

Full disclosure: I am not employed by or working for anyone in the boating or flag industry, and I don't even know the guy/company that makes this product other than when i ordered it from their website. I have no vested interest in this other than to put the word out to other wakeboat owners would need a flag solution like I did.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    Marc Rounds (calipackfan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-01-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
what website and how much? I need one of those.
Old    Brett (aaudii5150)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-01-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
I have something similar on my LSV. LOVE IT....

Well did until two weeks ago. We had a packed boat and one of my friends was swimming and got a little far from the boat for the sheriffs liking. He rolled up and checked my jackets will a little pissed. After it was all over I said something about be ok to swim with the flag in the air. The then went on to tell me that the flag holder was worthless. I guess in WA you need to have a someone manning the flag.
I still use it and don't really think we'll ever have an issue again unless we have 14 people and one guy 75 yards for the boat.
Just make sure to read your local laws
Old    Timmy! (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-01-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
I won one of these at a local event and it's awesome! I am using the tower mount version and mounted it pretty high up on the tower for the best visibility. This model allows you to manually put the flag up or down with ease and you can adjust the tension so that it basically falls down when you take off.

I recommend it also:
http://flagbuddy.com/

(Message edited by timmyb on July 01, 2009)
Old    tj (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-01-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
I think it was like $30 bucks.
Old    Bryan (carter13)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-01-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
I got a flagbuddy last week and used it over the weekend. Works great and was $28 and also came with a flag.
Old    Hunter (hunterw)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-01-2009, 7:21 PM Reply   
Gotta love the HUGE power turn in the demo video or am I the only one that noticed that. Hahaha
Old    Bu Coo (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-02-2009, 3:32 AM Reply   
OK, so does anyone know the rules of this in California? Do we need to have a breathing person holding the flag?

Also, TJ, do you leave the flag in the holder while your pulling?