Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old    shooter_08            03-11-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
Sorry for another one of the many "Scam?" post, but I have not seen this one first hand. Is the EBAY (buy it now) part of the normal scam everyone has seen? BTW...Dont worry, Im not stupid enough to buy anything without seeing it first.

Hi I'm David ,
The boat and the trailer are still for sale. They are in perfect shape. Here are some more pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jenniferdavid.coleman/2003MastercraftX2?authkey=Gv1sRgCIj8oLzNmNLyRg&fea t=directlink.

I have a clear title to the boat and the trailer.It has been garaged and never drove on saltwater. I am forced to sell quickly because I need money to pay the mortgage on my house.
My final price is $ 5.600( price includes the boat and the trailer).I already has tons of emails so I hope you understand that I need to sort them out. I will take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the boat, to be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions. This way, I shall be assured of the serious intentions.

Thank you.

P.S. If you are decided to buy it now, I will make a private auction just for you on eBay so you can purchase it there. That way you will receive assistance for the purchase, paperwork, title transfer and an extended warranty. They also are guaranteeing purchases up to $ 10.000 so we will both be protected.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-11-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
i saw that this morning on craigslistdenver.

it has already been removed.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-11-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
5,600 on that... scam.

Unless you can go, see, touch, test the boat... then buy it I would not.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-11-2009, 11:30 AM Reply   
Thats not even a good scam but what do you expect from a third world country.The dead ringer other than the ridiculous price would be the poor use of the english language.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-11-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
I saw this same boat w/ same set of pictures on ebay about 5 months ago. I emailed and asked why the price was so low and if it was due to any structural or engine damage. Seller never responded and listing disappeared the next day.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-11-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
No dude, that's totally legit. I'd say pay him over Western Union and have fun with your new boat...
Old     (nosebleed)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-11-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
I already sent him a cashier's check. That way he won't be burdened with "endless discussions"
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-11-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
Seems like a fair price to me. I mean, it's no Wakecraft, or Chapparal!!!
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-11-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
it's also on craigslist Portland.
Old    shooter_08            03-12-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
Here is the next email the scamer sent me when I asked him to see it.

The boat are already at a shipping company in Las Vegas, NV. I took the boat and the trailer to them to be able to ship it to a potential buyer whilst I'm out of town.My brother in law works there,and he promised me that it will cost me nothing to ship it in the Continental US. I also have the boat listed on eBay and that lets me use their secured system. I'm very busy with my job and I'm sorry I can't meet you in person. According to eBay you have 2 days from the time you receive the boat to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
So please let me know if you are interested so i can give you the directions to the ebay site so you can check the auction.
David
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-12-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
tell him great, your in vegas and you will just go to the shipping place yourself and see it... f-ing dirt bag scammers. keep f-ing with him, waist his time as much as you can!! send him a fake cashiers check or something, that would be great.
Old    shooter_08            03-12-2009, 9:56 PM Reply   
Ha...Westside you read my mind!
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-14-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
I bot the bote and tralr and has it in my oun grage now! LOL
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-14-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
You know he is from another country just by the the way they spell "Whilst". I love getting those letters and when they ask for info, I always give them the address to the FBI Center in ATL. With a working phone number. After a couple of times, I do not get them anymore. It was fun for a while. I had some guy the other day from Nigiria ask me for photos of my boat. He was detailed in what pics he wanted me to send him. So I download some of the redneck john boats and sent it to him. There was one with a rebel flag and another with 2 good ol boys drinking beer on it. Never heard anything from him after that.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-14-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Pootie,

I'm no grammar expert... but whats wrong w/ whilst? It's perfectly used and spelled correctly.... especially in a business response such as that. Especially if he were of british decent.

Not saying it was wasn't 100% a scam... just saying at least he spelled things correctly compared to some of the stuff I've got before.
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-14-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
Tanner,
Are you foreign also? "british decent" => "British descent"

(Message edited by wakeshoe on March 14, 2009)
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-14-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
HAHAHA....Nope... but from Spain. Not quite the UK. Nice catch though. But at least I added the clarifier about NOT being a grammar expert. LOL. ;)
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-14-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/1053840680.html ?
Old    shooter_08            03-14-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
This is the latest. The DumbA$$ now goes by the name "Laura" and sent me a Ebay link to buy a RV. The tweeker probably has so many scams going on that he cant keep track. Just wanted to share my fun!

Here is the last two emails he sent after I told him my friend in vegas would look at the boat:

"Great news but unfortunately the boat is already at the shipping company ready for the shipping and i can't get it back.If you want to buy it , let's do it through eBay.
Let me know."
David
-------------------------------------------------

This is the eBay link :

http://vehiclevppsales.com/secureconnection/cgi.eBay-Motors.AuctionW0QQitemZ2802163510QQihZ018QQcategor yZ50029QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVehiclesListin gItemW0QQitemZ2802163510QQihZ018QQcategoryZ50029QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVehiclesListingItemGAI

If you want to buy it , just press "buy it now" button and fallow their instructions to make the payment.

Let me know.
Laura
Old    shooter_08            03-14-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
Notice that the link does not look like a real ebay page. At least I dont think it is?
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-14-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
That link isn't even a ebay page,just a private address made to look like a ebay page.Sometimes if there real good they will link there fake page straight to ebay so when you click on it you get redirected to the scam page.
Old    shooter_08            03-14-2009, 8:22 PM Reply   
Last post. I "bought it now" and it directed me to a fake ebay page that says this:

How to make payment:

1. Locate the nearest Money Gram office here.
2. Make the payment with cash using the eBay Representative information.
3. After you complete the transfer fax eBay at +1 (330) 445-1927 the following:

- Money Gram Receipts
- Confirmed Shipping Address

I cant go any further with this. It was a good learning experience. Feel free to email or fax these A$* holes!

[jenniferdavid.coleman@gmail.com]
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-14-2009, 8:42 PM Reply   
i just clicked on the link and it has been blocked for being suspicious by my security software
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       03-14-2009, 10:58 PM Reply   
I like the little changes made to the safe buying tips.

From this
Upload

To This
Upload