The Chico State Wake Team Presents The Western Collegiate Wakeboard Regionals.
Date: October 24th – 26th
Location: This years Western Collegiate Wakeboard Regional will be held at Villa Lagos! Villa Lagos is California’s first private wakeboard lake and home of Northern California’s INT and WWA competitive series’. The lake is Located at 8301 State Hwy 99W, Gerber CA 96035.
• No alcohol permitted at the lake.
Event Costs: $35 Entry fee and USA water-ski insurance per rider. If you do not already have USA water-ski insurance it costs $40 and can be purchased at www.usawaterski.com
. USA Water-ski insurance forms will also be provided at registration and at the lake for those who absolutely couldn’t obtain it before hand.
Host Hotel: Heritage Inn Express on 725 Broadway, Chico CA 95928. We will have rooms held for your teams at a discounted rate, just tell the hotel you are with the Western Collegiate Wakeboard Regional. Call 530-343-4527 to make reservations. This must be done by Thursday the 16th of October to guarantee your rooms. Camping and host homes with Chico Wake Team members can also be arranged if necessary. Registration will also be taking place at the hotel Friday evening from 6 pm to 9 pm. You can also turn in your registration packet at the lake during practice at the lake on Friday or the morning of the event on Saturday if you must.
• Registration packet must be downloaded and printed out at www.chicowakeboardteam.com/regionals/
• Please insure that your team members download, fill out, and bring with them the necessary registration info. This will save you, and us, invaluable time and effort.
Nearest International Airport: Sacramento International.
• From Airport to Chico: Take I-5 North. Exit Hwy 99 North. Then exit Hwy 32 in Chico and make a left under the freeway to head straight down a mile into downtown Chico, to the hotel, which will be on your right hand side.
• Chico to Lake: Head back to Hwy 99 on 8th St. Continue North on 99 (25 miles) to Los Molinos. In Los Molinos make a left at Aramayo Dr. Look for the video store, then make a left. Continue down Aramayo Dr. (5 miles) to Old 99W (second stop sign). At 99W make a right and continue (2 miles) down to the lake on your left hand side. (Look for white fence with palm trees and banners at the entrance.)
• Airport to lake: Exit airport and take I-5 North (108 miles), Exit Corning Rd. and turn left on historical 99W (right before train tracks) then another left at the Lake, DE38301 (look for white fence with palm trees and banners at the entrance.)
• Chico Airport: Arrangements can also be made from the Chico airport. For flight info visit, www.united.com
. To get from the Lake from the Chico Airport, Take Airport Blvd out of the Airport and make a left on Cohasset Rd. Continue on Cohasset (2 ½ miles) make left on Keefer. Continue on Keefer (4 ½ miles) to Hwy 99 North. Continue North on 99 (25 miles) to Los Molinos. In Los Molinos make a left at Aramayo Dr. Look for the video store, then make a left. Continue down Aramayo Dr. (5 miles) to Old 99W (second stop sign). At 99W make a right and continue (2 miles) down to the lake on your left hand side. (Look for white fence with palm trees and banners at the entrance.)
Reserve team slots ASAP! All teams are required to sign up all of their riders by Monday Oct. 20th! Reserve by Emailing Jerrod (firstname.lastname@example.org
) In list form: School name, followed by rider name, followed by division, and USA Water Ski member number. All riders competing for a team score qualifying for nationals must have proof of enrollment and be on your team roster. Please sign up soon, registration is first come first serve and we have a limited amount of space.
Contest Format: Contest will be judged using INT scoring format. For a breakdown of INT divisions and scoring please visit www.intleagues.com/divisions/wakeboard/
. While individuals without a team can compete and receive awards, riders not affiliated with a team qualifying for nationals will not have their score included when adding up team scores and will be omitted completely. Example: If a rider without a team finishes second in your division and you finish third, your team will receive the second place points to their team score.
Friday: Open Practice will be held for all teams and riders who wish to attend to ride to get a feel for the lake running 10:00am – 4:00pm. Please bring registration packet and proof of USA Water-ski insurance.
Saturday: We will begin at 8:00 am with a riders meeting and a brief discussion of the contest format, with the first rider leaving the dock immediately following. Qualifiers will go in order of division: Men’s Intermediate, Advanced, Outlaw, Pro, Women’s Intermediate, Advanced, Pro, Men’s Wakeskate, Women’s Wakeskate. Following the opening day of the contest Red bull and The Graduate will be hosting a meet and greet just down the street from the hotel at The Graduate. We will also be showing BFY’s latest DRIVE, as well as a prize give aways, and live musical performances.
Sunday: We will start off the dock at 8:00 am again and follow the same order in reverse (with the ladies riding first.) After the final rider will be the Awards Ceremony where individual and team awards will be presented.
Team score: Riders representing a team qualifying for nationals will have their scores added to a team total. Points will be awarded to the highest scoring individual from each team in each division. Each division will be weighted evenly and the scores will be added together from both days in order to determine team competition winners.
For updates and general questions contact:
Travis Conley Main Event Contact email@example.com
Marcus Kistler Team Pres. firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerrod Porteur Event Coordinator email@example.com