Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (the_duke)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-25-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
That's Drew! I guess your wake skate is just a trick ski without bindings?
Do well!
Old    mobster            08-25-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
A lot of times this board has a lot of good post's going on But the board has been getting out of hand when it comes to comps. We have to thank centurion for starting the comps and keeping them going the sport has progressed a lot in the last 5 years Where it's going I don't know . We have some people think that they started wakesurfing but do we know who really started it & does it matter ?.Alot of you should back off and read what your typing because It sounds like alot of b.s. to me I have seen some of the worst cases of " little league parent's shameles promotion of riders & talking down this comp proping up that comp. If johnny does not win he was robbed this sport needs to get together and work out the problems because it does not look good for the sport as a whole .It will not get us the exposure we need . There are 2 different styles and who knows there will be more in the future Why stir up the pot ? As long as there is this in fighting & triads about this and that who really cares Jeff you have alot to offer at times but you stir up a lot of crap too we are all guilty of it so why can't we all get along or what I really mean Is shut up & surf Let your actions on the water tell the story not who has the most posts, boards 1st place wins or who was robbed , enjoy your sport as it is ,A great board sport with an up side with no end in sight. But when I read some of this posts it makes wonder what are you thinking about. Leave the B.S. out of it and promote wakesurfing the sport we all love don't tear it down anymore. Sometime's it's like an 8th grade chat room on here. If I hurt any ones feelings I'm sorry but this had to be said because from afar it looks stupid at what your talking about
Old    surfdad            08-25-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
JL, if you read my last two posts, actually three, I forgot the Jerry haircut post, I really am trying to.

It's less than two weeks away from the contest. There is literally nothing that can be changed in that time frame. If there is nothing positive that can be accomplished, it's time to stop.

Billy, thanks so much for your support and your intentions. Now is no longer the time and place. I believe that the administration of the WWSC will listen openly after the season is done. That doesn't guarantee change or even that they believe a change is needed, it does indicate a willingness to hear input.

I would again ask all involved to put this topic to bed. Nothing can be changed between now and next weekend. Dialog is good, but only in the proper context and this thread no longer holds that validity.

Please, as a personal request, let's put this thread to bed. Allow the season to come to a wonderful culmination and let the WWSC be the shining star of the season.

Sound reasonable?
Old    mobster            08-25-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
We are all on this board for our love of wake surfing promote good Kharma to the sport & fellow riders & you will receive good Kharma in return. That's what surfing is all about ,thats what brought us all to surfing the stoke ,the lifestyle ,enjoy all aspects of surfing , Mahalo J.L.