Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    Bill Bierbower (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-02-2003, 10:14 PM Reply   
HERE'S OUR STORY AND WERE STICKIN TO IT !!!

About a 1/2 dozen of us riders started out to build our own wakeboard towers about a year ago and long story short, we started a company out of it but we stared as riders and have not forgot that! Most importantly we had huge fun with other riders sharing ideas, designs, resources, vendors, etc. and got incredible input from some really great people.

We got a "nasty gram" recently because of some previous posts where we shared some "confidential inside industry information" which we felt deserved a little "in your face", since that's a lot more fun than caving in and kind of the way we are.

Anyways, check out the new www.DIYTOWER.com where we will be adding as much as we can possibly find about people that make their own towers, racks, speakers, Bimini's, sliders, funboxes and the like. The goal of the site is to help people that want to “make all” or “buy some – make some” to have a place to find what others have done and learn from it.

Please contribute if you've done your own "stuff". We have captured the best of the best of what we have found so far but we need some help.

Naturally I would love if everyone bought our towers but knowing some fellow boarders are just like us and will be building their own Towers and toyz no matter what is available on the market, my goal is to provide as many resources as we can find to help.

This is just a site “by us and for us” and not associated with any company.

Bill
www.DIYTOWER.com
Old    Bill Bierbower (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-02-2003, 10:20 PM Reply   
Just reserved the domin today so if it does not yet hit www.bierbower.net/diytower
Old    Bill Bierbower (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-02-2003, 10:21 PM Reply   
Just reserved the domain today so if it does not work yet hit www.bierbower.net/diytower, may take a few days to hit all the DNS servers.
Old    hockeyruss            04-03-2003, 7:03 AM Reply   
That is awesome! I am going to make me a set of tower speakers. I just could never justify paying $500 for a set of 6 1/2" round speakers in a tub.
Old    JR Richard (jrichard)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-03-2003, 7:34 AM Reply   
Very nice.
Old    Chad (healing)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-03-2003, 7:55 AM Reply   
Bill,
Let me congradulate you for being a stand up guy! I have read many of your posts and you never seem to hesitate to help a fellow wakeboarder's question. Very few manufactures would help the common person out and actually encourage others to possibly build a component on our boats in turn saving $$$ and having that pride saying yeah I built that, with a silly a$$ grin on your face. If I did not already have a tower I would be ordering your monstertower. I am definatly going to get the word out to anyone that is shopping for one.
I am going to build some tower speakers, I already have the aluminium speaker tube. The hardest part is going to be the tube tower mounts. The clamps I have seen online are way over priced for what they are. Does anyone know of a cheaper supplier? Bill, have you thought about selling a bracket? hint hint?
Thanks again Bill
Old    Bill Bierbower (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-03-2003, 8:06 AM Reply   
Chad,

Appreciate the comments. The only brackets I know of are at:
http://www.pro-werks.com/detail.php?name=UNIVERSAL+CLAMP
and your right, at like $30 they are kinda steep but since they are machined billet aluminum its a fair price.

We are working on a bracket for an affordable line of tower accessories but we're a few months off. Had not thought about just offering the brackets alone but that's a great idea so we'll do it.

Bill
Old    Joe Sellhausen (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-03-2003, 1:54 PM Reply   
Bill, I think I owe you an apology. A few weeks ago I thought you were trying to start a post about noisy towers so you could try to sell more of yours. It seems that I might have been a little quick to label you as a no good "salesman". I can see now that your just trying to help out the sport. Sorry about the snap judgment. Joe
Old    CAwakesk8r (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-03-2003, 2:18 PM Reply   
The love just keeps flowing!!!
Old    Bob (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-04-2003, 12:53 AM Reply   
its getting deep in here
Old    ManFox (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-04-2003, 2:49 PM Reply   
group-hug anyone??? :-)
Old    Jay (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       04-04-2003, 3:04 PM Reply   
That's sweet. If you had been around last year I too would have got one of you towers, I had one custom made for the same price as yours.

There's a guy that posts here and wakeboarder that makes speaker brackets. http://www.rynogear.com
How about some ballast links too? Site looks like it'll have some useful info.
Old    Bill Bierbower (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-04-2003, 9:07 PM Reply   
I appreciate all the lovin I can get, after being married 15 years . . . . . .

Thanks for the link Jay, I saw them a while back but just could not find them again and was looking, they have been added to diyTower.com now.

Bill