Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-09-2008, 1:04 PM Reply   
Ive been trying them for awhile now and I get all the way to the 5 and pop the handle everytime. I know they say to pop first then spin but trust me ive tried it and Im thinking that it just doesnt work for me or Im waiting too long. Anyone have this trick in the bag that can give me some tips. Even if its not the exact way of doing it. I just wanna get some insight on what everyone else is doin.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-09-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
Anyone???
Old     (jclark)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
Dave-
You are suppose to pop first then spin, I found it easier to think "fs 360" then at the very very top of the trick pull harder. Or you could go straight to grabbed fs 720's, that grab should make you stall a little longer before you start spinning. I noticed spinning this one off axis is way easier, you can cut slower initially and dig way harder going up the wake- helps pop you towards the boat so there is more slack for an easier handle pass (its harder to dig into the wake on the take off and stay on axis)
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-21-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
THANK YOU dude ive been checking these tips since i posted it and nobody said shiiat. Thats kinda my problem though is line tension. I havent exactly figured it out and I dont try and grab ive just been popping than trying to huck it as much as possible. I think I need to keep the handle closer too because I let the handle get kinda far out in front of me when I come around to 540. Thanks though jason any tips will help.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-22-2008, 6:06 AM Reply   
Dave, I can't do 7's, but I have seen them coached enough to know that on your approach you should keep the handle in very close to your waist with elbows in to your hips. You definitely won't get this trick without keeping the handle close. Try to make sure you keep your elbows in too, not just the handle.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-24-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
I like how Jason Clark has been on here for 2 years and that was his first post.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-24-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Thx guys I never thought about elbows in to your hips. Comming around to 540 off the d up is when the handle starts getting away from me so it kinda makes sense. I can land 5's wake to wake and been using the d up to learn 7's since you get alot more straight up pop so thx again for the input
Old     (jclark)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-29-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
haha yea, forgot my password and finally got around to getting a new one.

Dave-
This may sound stupid but have you ever seen the snow skiers that huck like 4 flips with spins off those straight up jumps? or even like (not to sound floof'n) ice skaters, ballerinas, or gymnists spin/flip? If you notice they all start out pretty open then as they slowly tuck up they really get into the spin/flip. If you can translate that into the HS FS 720 it should be easier to spin the trick, and get both handle passes. If you have any good wakeboard video's and your watching for it you can see a ton of people spin (pretty clear when going wake to wake) HS FS 7's and TS FS 9's like this. Just start slower and really think about making that initial pull on the handle smooth, dont huck as much :-) These guys are right on too, keep the handle right around your hips the whole time.
Do you have a trampoline, or any buddies with one? Spinning HS FS 7's on those helped me a ton with that second handle pass.

(Message edited by jclark on July 29, 2008)
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-31-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
Hey thanks jason. Ya I got a tramp just moved into a house with a smaller yard so I have nowhere to put it and its been in storage (sucks) and all though I really cant picture what the skiers look like when they go off those knarly a$$ jumps I did watch push process last night and was really watching how all those guys spin what you said about opening up to the trick makes sense. Thanks again everyone