Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old    Rod (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-18-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
I loved the wake on my SAN until today when we had a boatload of people aboard. The starboard side wake was OK but the port side was washed out. I tried to move some people around and just fill one side of the ballast but couldn't get the wake dialed. I'll try to play with it on our upcoming houseboat trip. Any ideas on how to get the wake right with a full boat?
Old    Stan Tanner (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-18-2008, 3:10 PM Reply   
maybe a dumb question but were you moving people to the side of the boat that the wake was washing out on? That's the side you need to add more weight to. I've never had an issue with mine washing if it's balanced correctly. These boats are a little more sensitive to weight placement than some of the boats with wider beams.
Old    Mikeski (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-18-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
more weight = more speed, make sure you have enough weight in the front
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-18-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
Wash out = too slow or to much rear weight

Wash to one side or another = too much weight on the opposite side of the wash out

Get a big big sac in the locker, that keeps our 210 from washing out side to side... Fat Seat bottom works awesome and really helps
Old    Rod (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-19-2008, 4:23 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input. I'll give these ideas s try.
Old    Chris Watson (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-19-2008, 12:18 PM Reply   
Agree with what has been stated already. I also put a FLy High integrated bow sac in mine and it helps distribute the weight a lot in the front of the boat. The more weight in front the less steep the wake if you let some water out of the back sacs. Also add weight to the side of the boat that is washing out. SANs are very weight sensitive so you have to move people around quite a bit but once it is dialed in you have to love the SAN wake.
Old    Rod (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-19-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
Yah, I have a sack in the ski locker. There is just more seating on the port side and getting the bigger people to move to the star side wasn't happening due to friends wanting to sit next to one another. I'm going to have to invest in some Pop Sacks or other form of weight to lay on the floor behind the drivers seat.