Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-08-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
Okay I have a few ideas running through my head and some advise would be awesome

Supplies I have: 2-8' plastic pontoons
2-10' metal pontoons

IDEA 1: Buy two trusses for a house/roof - Use Trex/Deck stuff to make the surface -- the only issue is how I will mount the floats... If they are perpendicular to the rail they'll hang over 4/5' making it a death trap if I come off early
and if I go parrallel with the rail how should I keep it from tipping... or use all 4 floats 2x2 and hope that keeps it steady.

The other issue is that each side of the "A" will be 15ft.... 30ft. total unless I add something to the truss...will that be long enough?

quick attempt with paint -- solidworks isn't working for me so this is as good as it gets

Upload

Idea 2:
Just make a simple box

WHERE I NEED HELP:
Will it be long enough?

Ideas on how to orient floats...

Anything better than Decking for surface?

(Message edited by sidekicknicholas on May 08, 2008)
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-08-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
i would think it would be more of a kicker than a rail even with just a 4/12 pitch on it unless it is hit super slow.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-08-2008, 8:27 PM Reply   
Yeah, the ones I'm looking at are 4/12....

I may extend the truss so it will touch the water adding a little lenght... but you think that'll give a lot of kick?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-08-2008, 9:45 PM Reply   
NEVERMIND IT ALL!!!

One of my friends has a bunch of extra wood so I'm just moochin' and going to do it all myself..

if things go as planned it will be:
36' long
2/3' wide
3' from start to peak and back down again....

getting my rooftop rail skill ready for the PWT
Old     (skink)      Join Date: May 2008       05-08-2008, 11:36 PM Reply   
i like where you are going with the roof truss idea. with some minor modifications, i think it could work out alright. what i would do is kinda cut the top off where the supports meet the angled part, and put some flat pieces to make it look like so:
(i drew these up real quick in sketchup. perhaps i will finish a design tomorrow. it's way too late to think straight right now.)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/motopimp84/slider1.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/motopimp84/slider2.jpg