Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (tl7)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-03-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
Any place online you guys use to get this stuff? Had it at the local hardware store, but it was heater hose and had white writing all over it. Figured you guys would know a good place to get it by the foot.

Also, I'm switching out the factory bag for a Fly High Pro X sac. Problem is, the factory sac has the 3 fill connections on the ends; the new sac has one connection on the end and two on the top. Thus the need for the hose. My question...can I fill and empty from one connection? What would I need to do this? Currently I have one hose for fill, one for drain, and one for vent.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-03-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
I like to use the the plastic electrical flexible conduit, it's just over 3/4" ID so you need to good clamps to maintain seals. It does not collapse and flows well.

Another option is the white spiral semi-transparent hose that Tanks and More sells on e-bay (item 6242034231). It is slightly under 3/4" ID so you need to heat it a bit to get it on the fittings. Once it's on the fittings you do not even need clamps.

The clear vinyl gets milky in one season, the cross fiber reinforced vinyl collapses under suction in the heat (a concern if you run impeller pumps).
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-03-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
I'm using 1" ID braided heater hose for filling and draining and 3/4" ID braided heater hose for overflow and it seems to work really well and it's available at most automotive stores
Old     (xpjim1)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-03-2008, 1:48 PM Reply   
Go to . Search bilge hose. Many choices to choose from
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-03-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
Spa-flex (basically flexible sch 40 PVC pipe) is good stuff, but stiff and hard to work with. There is some spiral ribbed hose in the plumbing section of Lowe's that I've been thinking of switching to. More flexible than Spa-flex.
Old     (99sportster)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-03-2008, 9:29 PM Reply   
I upgraded my ballast system last winter and found lower prices from this website-it is very similar to the ballast hose used by Malibu.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       02-04-2008, 6:06 AM Reply   
I've used a little of the spiral ribbed stuff from lowe's, its pretty good. most of my system is done with braid-reinforced clear vinyl, on an aerator system. works great in that application.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:06 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us