Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old    Montgomery (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-18-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
When I stared it up water wouldn't come out of the exhaust so I immediately turned it off . . . What did i do wrong ?
Old    TK (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-18-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
Installed water pump 180 out. PCM water pumps can be installed backwards 180 out

Hope this helps
Old    Aaron Ware (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-18-2007, 6:34 PM Reply   
Some times it will take a few of seconds to actually come out the back of the boat.
Old    TigeMike (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-18-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
First thought is that the veins on the impeller are folder the wrong way. No big deal with a new impeller, just need to remove and reinstall. If you coat the new impeller with a little silicon before installation, helps reduce friction on the impeller until it primes.
Old    Montgomery (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-18-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
Cool thanks I'll check that out which way are the fins supposed go ?
Old    TigeMike (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-18-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
During installation, rotate the impeller hub in the direction of normal rotation. Not sure on a PCM which way that would be.
Old    Aaron Ware (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-18-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
^^^ What he said
Old    Jeff Moore (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-18-2007, 10:37 PM Reply   
Wait a few for the the thermo to kick in. It won't start spitting water till the engine reaches whatever the thermo is set to. WATCH THE TEMP GADGE. If it reaches a critical level shut down and trouble shoot.

It is also possible that is is backwards.
Old    Ryan Lacefield (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-18-2007, 10:51 PM Reply   
sometimes it takes around 20 seconds to get the water pumping out its not going to just shoot out right when you start it. it has to fill the water passages full of water.
Old    Jason (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-19-2007, 12:24 AM Reply   
I would say max 5 seconds, more like two. Just changed impeller two weeks ago. Check your intake and outake hoses, make sure they are not swapped, that was my only (could have been a problem), but I figured it out. Was impeller fried, check for clogged outake hoses, I had to vaccumm some out. Make sure fake a lake doesnt slip off, happened to me, could have been bad. Hey off topic, but how much and where do you place ballast in your boat? Going to buy this week.
Old    Montgomery (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-19-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
I waited 30 seconds before I shut it off I've always heard that's the longest you should wait mine usually starts spitting water out of the exhaust within 5 seconds . . . . I replaced the impeller and thermo. because I was having a temp problem my gauge usually read close to 190 while underway but it never overheated and no lights or buzzers ever went off so I just figured the thermo. was bad and it was reading wrong and I decided to just go ahead and change both parts while I was in there. . . Jason, is that DD or a VD ?
Old    Andy Parsons (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-19-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
it should shoot water out after 30 seconds. you prob have it in 180 off. very common rookie mistake.

and NO the thermostat wont keep it from pushing water out of the exhaust.

also is the raw water filter clogged?
Old    Montgomery (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-19-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
No I checked the filter and it was fine . . . I'm gonna mess around with it when I get off work today