Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (briguy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-04-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
Now that the season is winding down, at least in the midwest, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the wakecrafts. Plus's or minus's only please. I don't want this to become a should've bought this boat thread. They look nice from a cosmetic standpoint as well as pics I have seen of the wake. For anyone that has owned one are they holding up and basically did you have any problems from a performance standpoint or just overall. Also, do they really hit 50? Not that it matters, just curious.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-04-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
there is a simalar thread where i posted as well.
ive had mine for awhile now. i have about 70 hrs on it which isn't alot, but im also a slalom skier and own two boats. the boat has been great. ive only done routine maintence of an oil change in the motor, tranny and vdrive. the engine hatch lifts up really high and instead of paying someone to do it , i was able to do it myself. all systems work great. stereo, ballast, lights , shower, heater, trim plate and so on. the bimini top is the only thing on the boat that needed adjustment. as far as performance goes , all the boarders love the wake. the wake is big and rampy. it is a bit challenging for beginners to get used to it. i love the boat so far and i wish i had more time to use it this summer, howver i just got married and have had 3 other wedding to go to this summer , so my weekends have been busy. i wish more people on this site would take me up on my offer to try it out. here is a pic of my to boats at home!!

Upload
Old     (briguy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-04-2007, 1:27 PM Reply   
Thanks for the post Rod. Where is pricing coming in on them? From the looks of some of the photos on the website you could put 2 surfers behind it without having to change the side to side weight. Is this true or are the pics a bit off?
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-04-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
yes its true i was there when we did it once.
there has been a few upgrades since they first came out last year. the price is 59500. this includes everything as you see it. the stereo that was in them before was a sony set up. they now come with polk audio which sound much better.
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-04-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
Wow Brian, what's with the season winding down talk? My friends and I ride Wonder Lake and the Fox River until at least mid-October!

(Message edited by lumpy9138 on September 04, 2007)
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-04-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
Absolutely love my Wakecraft, infact it's for sale. The wake is rediculous even without ballast. I have a few friends who own top brands and like this wake better. Personally I mostly surf behind ours. Add a Fat Brick in each rear locker and four people in the boat and the wake is great for tandem surfing. The pictures you have seen with two riding is with only two in the boat and stock 1200 # ballast. Have the others move to either side when single surfing. No having to move sacks etc, just empty opposite side tank. Its been a really fun boat and glad I chose this boat. Anyone wanting to get a ride behind it around Modesto to Fresno let me know.

Rod out of all those folks in the Delta not many hitting you up? Missing out! By the way congrats on the marriage.
Old     (briguy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-05-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the feedback. Thats all I am doing these days is surfin. Its hard to hydrofoil after coming off 4 broken ribs. I talked with Dave in length yesterday. Great guy. Hopefully I can make things work. Wish I was back out in cali so we could hook up and ride. I am going to be down in Orlando in November. Does anyone around there have one.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-05-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
"Absolutely love my Wakecraft, infact it's for sale."

Love it so much it's already up for sale? If that's not the highest praise, I don't know what is :-)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-05-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
not if he's getting another one :-)
Old     (briguy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-05-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
Dante if you are here to start the normal drag find somewhere else to kick it off...

Perfectly put wakereviews...
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-05-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
Its OK. Actually Onlyinboards is right. Plans for another one. I like some of the cosmetic changes with the 08's and Im thinking about going all black with carbon fiber.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-05-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
i will anxiously await those pics!!!