Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old    Luke Tingley (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-07-2002, 6:05 PM Reply   
I finally picked up my boat today. Here are a few pics. I'll post more tomorrow afternooon.

Old    daniel (gobig)      Join Date: May 2002       12-07-2002, 6:07 PM Reply   
I LOVE IT !!!!
AWESOME BOAT LUKE !!!
CONGRATS AND ENJOY YOUR RIDES !!
Old    pimpdaddygrady            12-07-2002, 7:07 PM Reply   
dude that boat is sa-weet...those pics r awesome...
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-07-2002, 7:38 PM Reply   
Awesome! But you already know that
Old    GD (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-07-2002, 8:01 PM Reply   
Fantastic! A beauty! :-)

I love it that they moved the radio.

If the would just make the observer-seat and side-seat like MC/BU, the boat would be perfect.

The boat formerly known as the SAN. :-(
Old    skihardkore            12-08-2002, 6:54 AM Reply   
AWESOME!
AMAZING!
I LOVE IT
but i really dont like where the cd player is. I want to be able to control it from the drivers seat, unless it has a remote, i would really not like the radio there
Old    Luke Tingley (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-08-2002, 8:25 AM Reply   
Wakeman,

Look at the pic I posted of the steering column. There is an LCD Stereo remote on the left hand side. I'll take a close up of it later today and post it.
Old    bambamski            12-08-2002, 9:55 AM Reply   
Is the battery in the bow of the boat??? If so isn't that a bad place to put it?
Old    color_pros            12-08-2002, 10:13 AM Reply   
THe only thing dont like about it is the location of the cd player.I use that compartment for a cooler. The rest of the boat is off the chain.sweet!
Old    daniel (gobig)      Join Date: May 2002       12-08-2002, 10:50 AM Reply   
why that =) ? there is a cooler in the open bow and a 2nd under a seat in the middle of the boat
Old    GD (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-08-2002, 11:01 AM Reply   
Ya, the bow of the boat is often wet (it happens). I would worry about water washing acid off the battery into the carpet all of the time. It would be nice to put the battery in a covered container.
Old    norcal_99            12-08-2002, 11:31 AM Reply   
Jeremy, I'm confused...Why would you use your glove box for a cooler????

Sweet boat Luke. Get a covered container for the battery like dane says. Better safe than sorry.

Damn nice boat though.
Old    skihardkore            12-08-2002, 12:56 PM Reply   
luke, i see that remote now. In that case, it's a sweet setup.
Old    stencil_king            12-08-2002, 1:32 PM Reply   
Where did you get the bimi top? And if I could ask how much did you pay?
Old    Luke Tingley (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-08-2002, 3:45 PM Reply   
1 of the batteries is in the bow of the boat. The other is in the back corner of the boat under one of the seats. It's strange, the one in back has a housing, but the one in the bow is wide open. I'll definitely have to get one for the front as well.

Aaron - I ordered the Boss Bimini from my dealer, I ordered it at dealer cost.
Old    dholio            12-08-2002, 4:13 PM Reply   
Luke,
You did an awesome job on picking the colors. I have seen many color combinations but yours is probably the hottest one I have seen. I would buy that combo in a heartbeat. I also like the all blue (hull, deck and everything) with a white lower stripe. White interior with a blue piping. Did you put the Excalibur in it or a bigger motor?
Old    Luke Tingley (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-08-2002, 4:14 PM Reply   
More pics...

Old    Luke Tingley (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-08-2002, 4:23 PM Reply   
More...

Old    norcal_99            12-08-2002, 5:57 PM Reply   
Luke

You're not a Steeler's fan are you?

Sweet boat. How much?

Old    JR Richard (jrichard)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-08-2002, 7:54 PM Reply   
No wonder this site got so slow!

j/k

Nice boat!
Old    wantboatnow            12-08-2002, 10:20 PM Reply   
Nice boat, but it doesnt seem to have a lot of storage. There seem from the pics that everything is its small area and nothing connects. Ive never been in a boat like it, but thats how it appears to me. Second is that trailer seems a little narrow for that boat. I know that all the trailers ive seen are made to at least go around the bottom of the hull, to somewhat protect it in an accident. It looks like if you ever clip anything it goes straigh to the boat with nothing to help save it.
Old    daniel (gobig)      Join Date: May 2002       12-09-2002, 6:23 AM Reply   
Chad, these boats are mainly competition boats made for pure wakeboarding. what would you prefer more storage or a bigger wake ?
of course its up to you ...
but for me the wake is more important that good storage...
Old    Luke Tingley (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-09-2002, 7:21 AM Reply   
Rene Ė

Nah, Iím not a Steelers fan.

Chad Ė

You are right, there is virtually no storage space. The areas that could be storage areas they have setup coolers. If you donít get the upgraded Kicker Sound system with the subwoofer, the clam shell observers seat extends all the way up to the front of the boat. But if you get the sub they put in a false wall to mount it in. The rear storage areas are very small too. The Ď02s had clam shell seats in the rear that lifted straight up and these were very annoying. CC has since fixed this, but in doing so I think some space was lost in the back seats. I knew from the beginning that this boat doesnít have much storage, but thatís not really why I bought it. If I had considered the additional storage a major priority I would have bought a VLX, those things have more room than you know what to do with.
Old    Luke Tingley (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-09-2002, 7:22 AM Reply   
Hahaha, Chad I just looked at your profile and saw that you have a VLX. No wonder you made the comment on the storage.
Old    KStateAlumni (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-09-2002, 7:27 AM Reply   
Did Nauitie install that second battery in the bow or did you do that? You might want to consider moving that somewhere where it can stay dry. Unless you like water and electricty mixed together!

Nice boat! Wish it was outside. syad.
Old    daniel (gobig)      Join Date: May 2002       12-09-2002, 7:33 AM Reply   
i think it comes standard ... one for the engine and instruments and one for the fun euqipment like sub, amp, lights, stereo, etc.

not sure
Old    Luke Tingley (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-09-2002, 8:25 AM Reply   
The standard battery is located in the bow. If you get the Team package with the 2nd battery, the 2nd one is placed in the back of the boat. This is the way it came standard from the factory.
Old    Kung Fu Wake & Video (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-09-2002, 1:52 PM Reply   
NICE SETUP! ! ! Do you happen to have any pictures of the trailer too? j/k

Is this the main ballast pump? If so what kind is it?

ballast pump?

(Message edited by dcervenka on December 09, 2002)
Old    CAwakesk8r (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-09-2002, 2:25 PM Reply   
Dude you left out the lug nuts on the trailer tires. Got any photos of those?
Old    skihardkore            12-09-2002, 4:17 PM Reply   

Is this the kicker sub/amp? what is the smaller amp on the right?
what happened to the old kicker sub placement behind the driver seat?

(Message edited by skihardkore on December 09, 2002)
Old    Kung Fu Wake & Video (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-09-2002, 4:28 PM Reply   
This is the left front axle lug nut
nuts

This is the right front lug nut
nuts2

This is the rear left
nutty

This is the nut next to the above nut
nutty professor

This is the nut perpendicular to that nut
bust a nut

This is the nut that lives behind the lug nut that nuts...
nut dude

Old    Shawn (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       12-09-2002, 4:47 PM Reply   
Luke,

Does your trailer have a removable tongue?? If so what kind is it?? It's about the only thing I couldn't tell from the pictures
Old    Coinless (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-09-2002, 4:51 PM Reply   
Classic DC!

Luke did go a little overboard on the pics, but it was fun seeing the same boat from all angles. I've never had anybody ask for any pictures of my boat so I am a little jealous. Gee I wonder why?
Old    Luke Tingley (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-09-2002, 8:10 PM Reply   
DC Ė

The ballast pump you have circled in the picture is an Atwood 750. Below it you can see a red and white pump. This is a Rule 1100. The bilge pump is also right off to the side of that picture. I believe it was a Rule 500, but canít remember for certain.

Wakeman Ė

Those are the factory Kicker amp and sub. To the right is a Phoenix Gold Tantrum 500.2 Amp for my Boss B-530s. Iím not familiar with Nautiís prior to 2002, but I have never seen one with the sub located behind the driverís seat that wasnít a custom install.

Shawn Ė

My trailer does have a removable tongue. It is a Prestige Tandem Axel. I didnít really think to take pictures of the trailer, but you can kind of see it in the following pic.

Bruce Ė

I took/posted a TON of pics because it drove me nuts this past year when I was shopping for boats and could never find detailed pics on the boats. I live in a region where these boats arenít all that prevalent and you have to drive several hours to find them. Often the dealers only have a single boat, which doesnít give you a lot of variety to base decisions on.

Old    GD (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-09-2002, 8:57 PM Reply   
If you look real close at those 4 pictures of the lug nuts, you can see that they are doctored pictures of ONE lug nut, they are not actually pictures from FOUR separate lug nuts!

Fraud!
Old    skihardkore            12-10-2002, 7:54 AM Reply   
Luke, I think it might have been a Kicker "promotion" type boat, it was totally outfitted with kicker gear and it was pulled by a van that was full of kicker stuff and wakeboards and stuff. The boat had the solo baric subs in it. they were behind the driver's seat. I think it might still be on the kicker website.
Old    Luke Tingley (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-10-2002, 9:26 AM Reply   
Ok, yeah, I remember seeing it. Wasn't that Shane Bonifay's boat? I think it was Red/White/Black? It was also in a car stereo magazine one of my friends showed me.
Old    Kung Fu Wake & Video (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-10-2002, 10:14 AM Reply   
Luke - thanks! Lug nut thing aside, Nice boat!!

Dane - To the untrained eye they may look the same.......
Old    michael (itrynwake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-10-2002, 2:03 PM Reply   
just so you know you will learn to hate that trailer... i've got a 2000 single axle trailer and i hate it
Old    Luke Tingley (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-10-2002, 2:12 PM Reply   
Michael -

Why is that? What do you hate about yours?
Old    Shawn (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       12-10-2002, 2:28 PM Reply   
I have a 1999 Prestige trailer and it is almost completely rusted and the brakes are shot. Prestige wasn't willing to do anything about it since it was first reported to them about a month after it was out of warranty (even though the rust was pretty severe and clearly started in the warranty period). It is obviously a factory error as the trailer has never seen salt but every single weld point is rusting (badly). The only exception is the axels and wheels. They are perfect. Considering getting a new trailer because of it and it certainly won't be a Prestige. Hopefully you'll have better luck and mine was an unfortunate but isolated incident.
Old    lucky            12-10-2002, 2:37 PM Reply   
All those pictures and look at the choice for his profile pic. Anywhoo sweet ride, congrats.
Old    Luke Tingley (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-10-2002, 3:01 PM Reply   
Hmm...yeah. I kind of neglected to take any good side shots during the daylight. I was too busy concentrating on the interior.
Old    Shawn Jessup (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       12-10-2002, 3:44 PM Reply   
The red white and blue boat was the boat used on the Liquid Force trip across America tour. And yess it was sponsered by Kicker so it had many custom installs on it.
Old    mtbmudmachine            12-10-2002, 5:00 PM Reply   
Yes I to Agree with Dane the Lug nuts are Fake
Look real close at the edges they are fuzzy. Good job Luke keep them comming we need more photos'
Old    skihardkore            12-10-2002, 5:52 PM Reply   
Shawn,that's the boat. it was sweet eh? i bet that setup really pounded with clean crisp sound
Old    Thane Dogg (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-29-2002, 3:59 PM Reply   
I drooled all over myself.
Old    mren23            12-29-2002, 11:38 PM Reply   
Sweet ride man! You net techs have too much money. I think it's time to change careers...
Old    Trent Ash (cadmanic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-30-2002, 7:53 AM Reply   
Awesome ride. You'll have to offer all us Midwest Mooches a ride this spring...

Anytime you need a third, let me know.
Old    Luke Tingley (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-30-2002, 11:01 AM Reply   
Trent,

You'd be surprised how often we actually do need a 3rd. You willing to drive to Des Moines on week nights? Some days we have more than enough people, other days we can't find a 3rd if our life depended on it.

Let me know this spring/summer if you are in the area and I'll give you a pull.
Old    Trent Ash (cadmanic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-30-2002, 11:10 AM Reply   
wOO Hoo!! No problem there. I work on your side of the muddy anyway. Still a good jaunt from Muscatine to Des Moines, but I've got a reasonably flexible schedule and (so far) an unbelievably understanding ol'lady, so I could probably swing some weekday afternoon fun once in a while. Thanks for the offer. I'll be sure to look you when the ice starts breaking.