Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old    Jay (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       11-28-2002, 12:34 PM Reply   
After seeing the threads on "how fast your boat will go". It got me wondering, has anybody ever put a supercharger on a ski boat? I think it would be cool to have a sleeper ski boat that could smoke a bass boat. Not that I would ever waste my money on one and don't drive my boat fast, it would be sweet knowing you have it.
super charger
Old    mtbmudmachine            11-28-2002, 2:35 PM Reply   
Nautique had a Supercharged "Ski Fly" boat, It was a red and white 01 Ski Nautique with a Ford 5.4 Lightning motor. That looks like a eton supercharger in the photo, The same on goes on the Lightning, They were talking about makeing the motor a option. The next year they switched from PCM to Vortec, I have seen a Super charger on the Vortec version of the ski fly boat. I think with wakeboard boat's getting as big and as heavy as the are (03 x-star) you might see a supercharger option in up and comming boat's.
Old    Jeff (jumpman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-29-2002, 12:31 PM Reply   
Ski Centurion used to do a super charged v-drive back in 1993. The one i drove ran about 63 mph.
Old    markb            11-29-2002, 3:48 PM Reply   
I doubt you could get enough of the hull out of the water to make it run with the fishermen.
Old    Joe (jp_over)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-29-2002, 8:32 PM Reply   
If you really want to smoke the bass boats, you could check out the Tsunami... 63 MPH (with the factory 494) or something like that.

Joe
Old    Tony Neal (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-02-2002, 8:35 AM Reply   
Dumb question... Do superchargers have oil? A friend of mine has a Ponitac GrandPrix or somthing similar with the supercharged V-6 he was last week telling me that the dealer charged him $8 a bottle for supercharger oil (4 oz each). It sounded a little funny to me, I figured they had it on the shelf next to the blinker fluid. Anyone know? Thanks
Old    Greg Davis (vortech347)      Join Date: Aug 2000       12-02-2002, 11:42 AM Reply   
Yes they do have oil. Some superchargers use engine oil and are fed by the engine's oiling system. The Eaton supercharger that comes on a lot of oem vehicles (Grand Prix, Lightning, Cobra, etc.) has a self contained lubrication system so it has a special oil that needs to be changed on a set schedule.

BTW, Nautique did not drop PCM and switch to Vortec engines. PCM began using Chevy Vortec engines when Ford ran out of 351 engines. Vortec is just a model name for GM's corporate small block engine line.

Old    ridinhigh            12-02-2002, 11:59 AM Reply   
Yup, I gots me one of dem' PCM Vortec engines in my them there Nautique.