Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       05-29-2007, 10:40 PM Reply   
Freak accident last weekend...tow rope wrapped around Skylon Rubicon 150 speaker and RIPPED it off the tower. Went flying into the back of the boat and pieces went everywhere. Looking to find out if replacement parts are avalible. IncanConnector broke off, clamp bent and rubber inliner for clamp fell into the water.
Any suggestions or just going to have to buy new speaker?

Upload
Upload
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-30-2007, 12:28 AM Reply   
You got lucky on the connector. It looks like it can be replaced. Here is the link to the manufacture. They should be able to give you a dealer.

http://www.neutrikusa.com/content/products/level02.aspx?id=203_324141&catId=CatMSDE_audio

What size clamps are those? I have some of the new rubber inserts that I didn't use on my 450's.

Is the clamp reusable? I imagine that the bolt broke off in the aluminum. Hopefully you can either tap it out to the correct size, or possibly you can put a helicoil in. If not, Skylon Sports can help you out. Contact Brian at Skylon. He helped me out with a missing part after 6 months for free.
brian@skylonsports.com
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-30-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
Call up skylon they are pretty good to work with.
Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       05-30-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
The clamps are 1.5-2.0 inch...the clamps might be reusable, taking it in to Cope to check it out. Removed the broken connector and plugged it into the "good" connector from other speaker and the speaker doesn't work. They are only sold in pairs, right?
I'll contact Brian, thanks!
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-31-2007, 7:19 AM Reply   
and keep us posted how it turns out. Skylon has a questionable warranty reputation and I think we'd all like to see how they handle this.
Old     (dpwake)      Join Date: May 2007       06-15-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
OK, I want to give a shout out to Austin @ Cope & McPheters in San Jose for setting us up with a new speaker!!! He just swapped it out and will be dealing with Skylon himself. BTW-After 3 attempts to contact Skylon...NO ANSWER BACK!! so Craig(yosguire) you are right, they are questionable! Just came back from Don Pedro & music was thumpin! }

(Message edited by dpwake on June 15, 2007)