Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-09-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
i dont really understand how load and release works. can someone help me out here. i want to try a backroll this summer but i dont really know how to initiate the rotation. any help would be great!
thanks
Old     (rockstar820)      Join Date: May 2007       05-06-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
U want to cut hard to the wake, then stand tall and when you hit the wake,lean towards your right and throw the board out behind you. from the speed of the boat the angle of the rope and you throwing the board back you naturally rotate.
Old     (ispair)      Join Date: May 2006       05-07-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
Rockstar, I assume you are referring to heal side left foot forward boarder?
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-07-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
You should cut in hard, leaning on the line building tension, when you reach the top of the wake and you push up you should release the tension of the line and this should catapult you in to the air, if your trying a backroll you should throw your shoulders down and in the opposite direction you are traveling. Good Luck!
Old     (rockstar820)      Join Date: May 2007       05-07-2007, 6:18 PM Reply   
yes. sorry about that.
Old     (blakep)      Join Date: May 2007       05-07-2007, 9:28 PM Reply   
for a backroll you should only cut out about 15-20 feet, if you cut out to far you will start to let of your edge before you leave the wake. make sure you drift in to the wake slow at frirst then load the line (edge hard) just before the trough of the wake. edge all the way up through the top of the wake. edge almost away from the boat, push your hips up twords the sky and look up over your lead sholder this will start your rotation. leave standing tall and keep a tall position for the whole rotation, this will give you the pop and momentum you need to complete the rotatation. also make sure to hold the handle close to your body. to stop your rotation let the handle out a little bit and push it out twords the flats.