Had the same problem with my 2005 transits. To my knowledge, LF makes a narrow and regular fit, perhaps you got the narrow. In any case, I just streched mine out. It took alot more streching than I orginally expected but heres what works, and I now know this through experience:
1. Fill a tub/bucket with warm to hot water.
2. Jam something in either end of the bindings (top/leg end and bottom/toe end). I suggest beer bottles, glass jam jars, etc.
3. Refill the tub with warm water when it cools.
4. Let it sit for at least 24 hours.
5. Be careful not to put something too big inside. You will have to work to get it in, but it shouldnt be impossible.