Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 20, 2006

Old     (atf8611)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-30-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
i saw an ad on craigslist for one of these for a pretty good price. are they any good for wakeboarding? how do they compare to a ski nautique of the same age? thanks for any advice!
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-30-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
good ski wake, not much there for boarding. IMO, the boat does not compare to the SN of the same vintage

With Supras of this vintage watch for dry rot, like alot of boats from this era
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-30-2006, 9:24 PM Reply   
ive ridden both, and own a 86 nautique and can tell you the supras got nothin on a 2001, hell for that matter no boat of that era stands a chance against a 2001. they were all made for great slalom wakes, and the 2001 wakes were decent slalom wakes, but turns out gave the most influence to the new nautique wakeboard boats such as the 210
Old     (atf8611)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-30-2006, 9:50 PM Reply   
so i will hold out for a 2001. thanks, thats what i wanted to hear.
Old     (speedy600)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-02-2006, 12:40 AM Reply   
I have an 87 comp. When I got it, it was a great slamon boat, but no wake. If you want to spend some time and a little $$$, you can get a real good wake out of it. I moved my engine foward (and built to to 412hp), put a powerslot in it, a reverse tower with 200 lobs on it, 150 pounds worth of amps and speakers under the deck, and loaded the back with 200 lbs of brick to counter the nose. I also run a 700 lbs fat sac in the back and a 85 lbs brick in the middle. Ya, it was a lot of work, but it is one of a kind, and fully loaded, it still does 48! It can be done, but looking back, I wouldn't go thru it again. Save your cash and buy a boardin boat, not a wannbe boat.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       12-02-2006, 5:48 AM Reply   
Holy crap Jason. Let's see some pics of this thing!!!

Andrew - you won't find a decent 2001 for the same price as a decent comp, but if you don't mind spending a little extra money, it'll be well worth it in the end.
Old     (atf8611)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-02-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
it seems like the comps are wayy cheaper, but that doesnt mean anything if it wont do what i want it to. thanks for the advice!
Old     (speedy600)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-02-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
I live in WI and it is in storage, but I will be pulling it out in a week or so to head to AZ for the winter. I will post some pics then, unless anyone want to ride in Jan, Feb and March. We'll be on the lake almost every day (Phoenix area). Let me know