Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-31-2006, 6:31 AM Reply   
I wakeskate exclusively because I can't find bindings to fit my size 15 feet. Even then I go barefoot. I would like to wakeboard but I just can't find any bindings that work for me. I tried a set of XXL LF Alpha's and they were a little too small. After about breaking my ankle putting them on, I could feel my toes going numb after about 30 seconds.

Anyways, can any of y'all help a brother out and let me know who makes a big binding?

Thanks

Troy
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-31-2006, 6:50 AM Reply   
I've got a buddy with 13's he rides my XL 05 transits, with no problems. His feet are skinny though. I wear an 11.5 and my transits feel huge to me when they are not cinched down.
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-31-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
I wear size 13-14 shoe (depending on brand) and I wear LF Transits Magnum(that should be the same as XXL) and they feel almost to big. I think if you got a pair of XXL and really break them in to your feet, they might feel ok.
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-31-2006, 7:00 AM Reply   
You must be popular with the ladies . . .

Can't help you, I am a measly 9.5 :-(
Old     (wellsrts)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-31-2006, 7:04 AM Reply   
i am 6'7'' with a size 14. i have been through all this my friend. the best bindings for you are going to be an 05' or 04 parks xxl. i also have a custom toe wrap for people with large feet to cover up our toes if your interested. cheers
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-31-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
Have you tried a CWB Zeus? They say the XXL goes up to a 14, but they might work with some stretching and possibly some adjustments.

The advantage is the Hinge! It opens wide to allow easy entry fr your giant foot!
http://www.wakeworld.com/boots/getboot8.asp?ProductID=3440
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-31-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
I have the same size feet and rock the XXL Parks. I have the Murray's but have yet to try them.
Old     (jdreiser)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
I have size 14 and have 06 Transits, whatever the largest size is and they are very comfortable if not a bit loose compared to my 04 XXL Transits.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       10-31-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
I have a 13 and rock CWB XL Zeus. I have always had to have XXL. Just so I can get my feet in. But as J-rod said The Hinge makes it easy. Try the XXL torq. I was workin a sale and a kid with 15 or 16 got a pair cuz they where the first boot he could get on easy and they didn't kill his feet!!! He was so pumped!!! The Hinge is whats up!!!!
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-31-2006, 9:54 AM Reply   
I wear 14 shoe size and thats a bit small, but most 15's seem too heavy....so I have messed up toes.

In my oppinion, a huge part of the size of bindings is knowing how to get them on or off. I have some old 3060's that I use soap to get into and then to get out I just put the board under me and jump, I come right out. I've seen people with size 10 shoes not be able to get out of my bindings for a good 15 minutes....Retarded.....I hate watching others mistreat my bindings.

That being said, my bro had some XXL highbacks that were incredibly loose on me, also XXL Ultras I was sliding around like crazy.

Many bindings are adjustable anyway. Go to the store, try on as many as you like, find the closest, take it home, do the heat soak thing, and if you want more, adjust them.
Old     (7islands)      Join Date: May 2006       10-31-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
do yo u even need a board with feet size 15? id personally just screw osme fins under my foots :-)
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-31-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
I wear a size 15 and I definately second the 06 Trasit XXL's/Magnum's. Before I got those I had a pair of 03 or 04 XXL Hyperlite Temets that fit pretty good but were difficult to get on and off. The Transits are really easy to get off and are extremely comfortable.

I also tried the Alphas and thought they were a little too tight. The Transits for some reason felt a little bigger.

(Message edited by maxx_wake on October 31, 2006)