Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    bryen eng (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-24-2006, 4:49 AM Reply   

my board got damage at the slider it has a crack on my in board fins.

whats the best material should i used recine, marine epoxy etc? i heard marine epoxy will crack again.
Old    Tyler Curran (tylerc)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-24-2006, 4:56 AM Reply   
I can't speak too much of ways to repair the bottom of the board, however when I cracked my topsheet, I used a product called SunCure to fill it in. Worked super well. Just a thought.
Old    Stan Tanner (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-24-2006, 5:57 AM Reply   
I have used marglass which is a fiberglass bondo. It seems to work pretty well and can be easily sanded smooth again. You can get it at autopart stores.
Old    mike hillard (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-24-2006, 7:43 AM Reply   
I just use bondo if you have to fill anything. On a few boards I have, I have completely rebuilt the fins with bondo after they were shredded off. If it is a crack then you should use some sort of 2 part epoxy or like sbt3 said with the marine fiberglass.
Old    Hate2party (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-24-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
JB Weld, from auto parts store
Old    Scott (bvdievent)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-24-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
I cracked the edge of my board about a month ago and repaired it with a 2 part epoxy. Ive ridden it a bunch of times since and have had no problems. I got it from west marine...heres a link.
Old    wake_genie (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-24-2006, 2:54 PM Reply   
May be this will work:
Old    bryen eng (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-26-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
ok thanx guys!!!
Old    bryen eng (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-04-2006, 12:18 PM Reply
Old    Dan (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       11-04-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
PC7 is a nice 2 part epoxy putty that I have used with good results to fill and patch boards. You can find it at hardware stores.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 9:49 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us