Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (jess)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-31-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
I have tried a few of these over the past couple of years with no luck. I can land the 360 consistently, even with 2 hands on the handle, but my body doesn't want to rotate any further. It isn't as if I am even getting to 450, i just stop rotating at 360. Obviously I am doing something wrong, what should I focus on? Turning my head, quicker hands, pulling harder?
Old     (doogles)      Join Date: May 2004       08-31-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
Try taking the same edge you do on your three but really try to take it straight up and wake to wake. Pop straight up and wait real long to initiate the spin. For instance, when you think you should start spinning, wait another second or two. This will help you pop straight up and ensure you get a nice solid handle pull. Thats the key, to pull the handle really, really hard, with both hands to your rear hip. The harder you pull the handle, the faster you will spin and the longer your rotation will last. As you come around to 360, with the handle in your forward hand (left if regular, right if goofy) really focus on keeping your eyes looking toward the opposite shoreline. Then make the last handle pass in front of your body. For this one, I usually think about clapping my hands in front of me, I dont know, it just seems to help :-) finish the spin by putting the handle on your hip or in your back pocket (exagerating this usually helps) keeping your eyes up on the shore and edging away from the boat. Good luck, if you have a tramp, practice spinning 5's and 7's but make sure you are bouncing straight up and trying to spin really late using only the handle to initate your rotation.