Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old    Cliff (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-15-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
ARG!!!
About 3 weeks ago I took my buddies out for a day on the water.
We went to a lake that I have been on as a guest, but never the captain...
They pulled me a ways...but they are not seasoned pullers, so I let go after a short set.
When I got in the boat, they said that they had hit something big time.
We trailered the boat and checked out the rudder and prop...everything looked okay.
I have had the boat out 3 or 4 times a week since, and only noticed a slight vibration when the boat is really slammed.
When I reached the 100 hour mark I took it in and asked them to check out the vibration...

Come to find out....they must have hit a stump right on the water intake for the engine

there is wood logged up in there....
stress cracks all around it and also around the strut....which is bent

all in all.....the 'Bu techs have to pull the engine, repair the cracked stringers, replace the strut
and re-glass the whole rear bottom of the boat
$7700.....claim on insurance

and
there is only a chance of getting her back by Labor day

from now on...we stay on "our" lakes
...unless it's me or the wife drivin
I don't blame them...coulda happened to any of us
...and I made sure that they dont feel responsible
....but havin someone who is financially responsible for the boat..drive...makes me feel somewhat better