Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-17-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
Does anybody know where I can get 1-1/8" fittings for a Tsunami pump? I need a couple 1-1/8" threaded to barbed fittings and I cant find them anywhere.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-17-2006, 10:42 PM Reply   
check out buywake.
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-18-2006, 6:25 AM Reply   
It looks like all buywake has is the quick connect fittings. I am looking for a simple 1-1/8 female threaded to a hose barbed connection. You should be able to buy this sort of thing at any hardware store but since 1-1/8 is such an odd size I cant seem to find any.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-18-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
do a search someone came up with a fairly unique, but simple way to make them work.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-18-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
I posted a thread called "Finally figured out Tsunami manifold" that hasn't gone into the archives yet. In my quest, I also found a couple places selling the plastic elbows that come with the pumps. If that's not helpful, BI / FlyHigh will make custom fittings, but they aren't cheap. I had to get some made to thread the drain pumps directly onto my sacks.
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-18-2006, 8:46 AM Reply   

What are the places you found that sell the plastic elbows? I just want to connect the pumps to the bottom of each bag for empty so that is really all I need. I found your thread on the intake manifold and another archived thread where somebody said they found some at Home Depot but I havent had any luck there. I am trying to keep this pretty simple because I plan on buying a new boat within a year or so so I want to be able to take it all out and put in the new boat therefore right now the system just consists of a pump thrown over the side for fill and an empty on each sac. Wont be totally automatic but will be better than doing it completely manually.

(Message edited by maxx_wake on July 18, 2006)
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-18-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
I think you can buy them right from Attwood or their dealers...
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-18-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
maybe something like this is what you are looking for???
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-18-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
I found them somewhere like or Not sure, and I no longer have the link.

The custom fittings I had made were for exactly that - connecting the pump directly to the sack. They are 1-1/8" female x male ProX threads (which are really just 3/4" NPT with an O-ring).
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-18-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
Ok I think this is what I need: ategory_id=217449&list_time=1153247886&view_id=400 99

If I bought a couple of these I should be able to just take out the thru hull and then screw the elbow onto the pump right?

Trace, how much did the custom fittings from fly high cost you? While I think the part linked above should work the custom fitting would definatley be cleaner.
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-18-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
we were getting a lot of requests for that style fitting, we decided to make a run of them..i don't know the exact part # or price. Most likely not more than $10.
It is made to screw onto the Tsunami pump drain end and thread directly to the bottom of the sac for draining.
They have been made but have yet to "hit the market" so give us a call and we can figure this out.
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-18-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
Sorry I left no info:

Barefoot International & Fly High Mfg.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-18-2006, 12:51 PM Reply   
That's not the fitting I was talking about. Here it is, and it's cheaper than when I last looked IIRC.

I would go with the FlyHigh adapters, though. They will make for a MUCH cleaner installation, unless you're wanting a quick-release setup.
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-18-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
Ok I think I will just go ahead and call and get the FlyHigh adapters. Thanks for all of the responses.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:42 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us