Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    entrust clothing (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-04-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
i currently ride a LF skimskate 4'6" and im wondering if i need something smaller. i seem to have to work really hard to keep the board under me, like i'm not heavy enough for it. i weigh like 125lbs. i was watching another guy today ride it today and he was bigger than me and didn't seem to have this issue. so i was thinking about maybe trying a 4' board?
Old    Jeff Walker (surfdad)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-04-2006, 7:48 AM Reply   
Entrust, something doesn't sound right. "Keeping it under you" meaning that when you're shredding, it's slow to react? uuummm, I guess I'm asking if you're feeling the edge-to-edge responsiveness of the board isn't up to your acquired skill level?
Old    entrust clothing (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-04-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
i just feel like sometimes i'm not heavy enough to keep the board under me, like its trying to slide out from under me, i have no clue if i'm making sense or not :-) i just feel sometimes like i'm not in as much control as i should be cause i don't have the weight to keep the board into the water
Old    Jeff Walker (surfdad)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-04-2006, 8:46 AM Reply   
Oh ok, that makes more sense to me now. Before plunking down more cash on a new board, try some deeper fins, not LONGER tip to tail, but deeper into the water, see if you can find some old surf dog 3" deep fins. Even if you have to hobble it together. I'll bet that gives you more of the feel you'd like to have. If that improves the ride for you, then it'll make your selection process easier.
Old    entrust clothing (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-04-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
yeah for a while i was riding my board without my center fin, which meant it just had the 2 cupped 1" outer fins, i did that so my surface 360s would be easier but it was really hard, cause it would get away from you really quick. it was cool if you were carving constantly but it was really hard to just kinda sit and ride. so last night i put the center fin back in and that was better but still not what i wanted. the new LF boards have better fins, so i might have to try to get my hands on some of those