Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
Any know who makes tower speaker cans with a quick release mount? I can't seem to find any that have the quick release mount system. I fold my tower down a lot and want to be able to take the speakers off when my tower is down.
Thanks
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-16-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
Monster Tower has quick release tower speakers.
Old     (leetudor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-16-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
Fusion has a quick release clamp also.
Old    bocephus            04-16-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
The Fusions aren't available yet. I tried to order them earlier this month. Jason from Wakeside.com has the down low on them.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-16-2006, 3:12 PM Reply   
Samson tower speakers have a quick release
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-16-2006, 4:42 PM Reply   
I just took an aluminum angle, rotated the clamp 90 degrees and put a stud in the clamp then a black knob to hold them on. It would probably work with any can. Mine cans are in pairs so there are two knobs per pair, eliminates any rotational issues.

Here is a picture that shows the little truss I cut to hold the cans, a finished one is on the pair in the pix.

Upload
Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2006, 5:46 PM Reply   
yeah, Im trying to figure who makes speaker cans with quick releases, not for $1000...... it's insane what these guys are charging for tower speakers..... jez......

If some could come up with a mount that was an adapter style to all the speakers on the market now,they would be millionaires!
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-16-2006, 9:32 PM Reply   
Mikeski, im interested in your setup. What are you running there? Looks like ebay cans with some pro audio drivers in them? What's going on with that crossover as well? Im debating on whether to start a DIY or purchase cans
Old     (tommer)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2006, 9:48 PM Reply   
I found this guy tonight..
http://www.dctechs.com/stcnew.htm

see if his quick release mounts adapt to cans... looks like they will work for bose, etc
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-17-2006, 5:49 AM Reply   
mikeski,

(off topic) What cross-over / LPad is that plugged into your cans?
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-17-2006, 6:29 AM Reply   
tommer, i have the samson speakers and i love them--works like a champ
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-17-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
Here is a picture of our PRO 80 with our "Trick Connect" clamp. We feel it is a trick way to do it and pretty quick to get them off. There is a stainless steel U bracket attached to the speaker.(for a picture of the U bracket without the clamp, check out this thread, 2 nd picture) http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/313693.html?1144454407

It slides into a recessed channel on the clamp. And there are lug nuts on the front and back that hold it on.

So the clamp stays on the tower. Two turns of a wrench to loosen the lug nuts and then spin them off. Then the speaker slides down. You can also turn them around and face them forward if you beach the boat.

Upload
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       04-17-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
I'll third on the samson sports speaker setup. They come in different configurations, quick release, and you can spin/face them in any direction you want to in seconds. They plug in with and RCA style plug so there's no exposed wire anywhere.

Brian

(Message edited by bstroop on April 17, 2006)
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-17-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
huh, that samson design is pretty slick. what do those cost?

i just wish there logo didn't look like pepsi's.

;)
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       04-17-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
Bruce,

The logo is a sticker and comes off really easy.

Speakers (Components with 720® quick disconnect mounts)
• Powdercoated $850
• Polished $875

I believe you can get different series speakers as well. I had some on my boat and they were outstanding. They're also located in Washougle, so it's only a day trip for any of us here in the NW.

(Message edited by bstroop on April 17, 2006)
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       04-17-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
Here are a couple of pic's
Upload
Upload
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-17-2006, 10:03 PM Reply   
That setup was at about hour 40 of 80 hours of testing/designing. Those are eminence Beta CX 8s, I ended up changing one out to an Alpha. The crossovers were completely changed too, quite a bit of issues with phasing. All and all it was probably not really worth all the trouble. The Wet Sounds sounded much better in our tests, better output too. There are enough choices between the current pro-audio offerrings and new stuff.
Old     (clayk)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-18-2006, 5:17 AM Reply   
mikeski , how did you get the speaker to fit the can, because i bought an eminece 8" and have been tring to make a can for it with no luck so far. i looked at the measurments on those cans and did not think they were big enough.can you go into more detail about the crossovers, like a list of what you used and did with them . thanks
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-18-2006, 6:18 AM Reply   
nice looking set up brian.. i purchased my samson speakers used from a gent here on wakeworld.. i am super impressed, especially after the dela i got on them.. however i like them so well, i will probably go w/ them on my next boat as well. they literally sound terrific, and if your tow boat isn't loud (exhaust wise) you can hear them while riding....
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       04-18-2006, 8:06 AM Reply   
Joshua,
If you got them off someone here and they're green then they were probably mine. I sold the boat in the pic to someone here on WW.

B
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-18-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
well bingo -- those must be the ones... i am more than satisfied...