Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    iloopfl            02-25-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
Looking at a 2002 Malibu Sunsetter 21 or a 2001 Tige 21v Riders. 75% of my time will be spent cruising around the lake with old folks and grandkids. The other 25% will be with the kids and grandkids wakeboarding and skiing. I have a lake house with a boat house. Lake Gaston in North Carolina.
From what I've read, the Tige would do better in the chop cruising and carries more. It weighs more, but I don't know if that is a plus or a minus. Tige has been bashed on this site, and it has a Mercruiser 315hp.
The Malibu has a flat wake with the Diamond hull, so I guess wouldn't be to good for the wakeboarders, but I like the Malibu, mainly since it is the only boat I have ridden in and skied behind and seems to have a good reputation.
Looking at these two also because they are the best for the money I have found in the price range. Want to stick to the major brands only.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-25-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
so what's your question?
Old    iloopfl            02-25-2006, 3:04 PM Reply   
looking for input on the boats I am considering and any other models of the major brands that would fit my needs.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-25-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-25-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
Different years sunsetters were on different hulls. Some were on the previous VLX hull (now V-ride). The Sunsetter LXi is 8" longer the then sunsetter LX. Here is a list of the hull charts for differnt years of Malibu's.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-25-2006, 4:08 PM Reply   
as clint said, it actually sounds like you would really like an i/o.

you will definately get more bang for your buck that way in terms of the things you say you are looking, comfort, chop handling, etc.

Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-25-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
yea that sounds like a pretty goood idea. we have a sea ray 185, the wake is decent for wakeboarding and a little big for skiing although we never have less than 5 people in the boat so it could be better with just a few people. its great for what we use it for. im no parks bonifay or sammy duvall so i dont need the best wake out there!
you can get a brand new i/o right now for around 20-22k. but act quick, prices will increase when it reaches summer. also, some of sea ray's new boats look pretty good also, they just added new graphics.
check out they are a great company and we found them the best boat company we had visited in the whole of orlando.
hope this helps


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 6:57 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us