Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    the_skeptic            02-19-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
Of you folks out here in Cali., anyone know the law on the total length for your fifth wheel + boat + truck? Is a special license required?
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-19-2006, 2:28 PM Reply   
From my understanding you have to have a class A license.
Old    the_skeptic            02-19-2006, 5:54 PM Reply   
This is all I could find... nothing about class A:

35401. (a) Except as provided in subdivisions (b), (c), and (d), no combination of vehicles coupled together, including any attachments, may exceed a total length of 65 feet.
Old    norcalbrdrydr            02-19-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
From what I read in your post "fifth wheel + boat + truck" makes me assume that you are pullin doubles (your boat behind your fifth wheel) if that's true then you need a class A. Unless you can somehow convince the police that it is for agricultural use. Good luck.
Old    the_skeptic            02-19-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
Correct, boat behind the fifth wheel. Just trying to find the law where it states you need a class A. I don't mind getting the class A if needed, I just want to see it somewhere.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-20-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
You might be able to just get doubles/triples endorsments. You dont need air brakes I have a commercial license but can't remember if you can get 2/3 without a class A?
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-20-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
You need a class A
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-20-2006, 8:06 PM Reply   
You need a class A with doubles endorsement.
Old    the_skeptic            02-20-2006, 8:38 PM Reply   
cool, thx for the info...
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-20-2006, 10:37 PM Reply   
Peter is right - If the middle 5er is less than 28'6" you can tow up to 75'
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-21-2006, 3:13 AM Reply   
for all of you that are posting here is the rules I had to get it for pulling my train. dodge 3/4 ton 21 ft 5th wheel and 21 ft sanger. here is the law you can't go over 65 ft and you must have a non commercial class A. for more info go to DMV and ask for a book on RV towing with a 5th wheel I hope this helps. most of the CHP officers dont know the law we had to go to a weight station and ask for the info and than they told me what to ask for at the DMV
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-21-2006, 7:10 AM Reply   
With a non commercial class A using a pick up and a 5r with a 3rd 65 feet max the OTR rules do not apply . 75 feet is for the big rigs .


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 2:27 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us