Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    wakeboard4568            07-25-2002, 10:19 AM Reply   
Hey, We have a Larson speedboat. The wake is not that big, but it's big enough to pop off of.ANyway, tomorrow is my first competition & theyll be using a real wakeboard boat.

Does anyone have any tips or thoughts on how different it is to get up on a boat like min & a
wbrd boat? Elisabeth
}
Old    eyesman            07-25-2002, 10:23 AM Reply   
get up as in get air?

you will find it takes a LOT less effort to get up in the air behind a wakeboarding boat

if you use the same method behind a wakeboard boat to get air as you do behind the larsen, chances are you are going to take some diggers tomorrow

i would suggest taking the first few jumps onthe wakeboard boat mild so you can get a feel for it
then just throw a tantrum for your last trick;)
Old    lfrider10            07-25-2002, 10:36 AM Reply   
I rode ebhind an 84 welcraft i/o...can do jack squat not even w2w, then when i demoed some crap at the marina...i got to ride behind a '02 maliba wakesetter (Ithink)...and could get way more air and go w2w......makes a big dif. for me

Lata
Old    wakeboard4568            07-25-2002, 10:36 AM Reply   
Oh no!Now im really nervous.Can you give me any hints as to getting up like, getting up onto your board on a real wkbd boat? Or is there even that big of a difference. I don't have any problem getting up normally but im j/ worried.
Old    wakeboard4568            07-25-2002, 10:39 AM Reply   
Chris, did you have trouble switching over from the 84' boat as to the wakesetter?
Old     (ferrarispider95)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-25-2002, 11:04 AM Reply   
Its a lot easier to get up behind a wakeboard boat, especially if you dont have a pylon or pole on your boat. The pull from a comp boat, will put you straight up out the water, with ease. Your first pass, take it easy, get a feel by going w2w, then you can start grabbing and spinning. Then on your last run at the end, through something big.
Old    wakeboard4568            07-26-2002, 1:26 PM Reply   
HEY EVERYONE!Guess what!I went behind the wakeboard boat beacuse today was my 1st competition. GUESS WHAT!!I got 1st place!! Thankx for you help!
Old    wakeboard4568            07-26-2002, 1:28 PM Reply   
HEY EVERYONE!Guess what!I went behind the wakeboard boat beacuse today was my 1st competition. GUESS WHAT!!I got 1st place!! Thankx for you help!}}
Old    lfrider10            07-26-2002, 9:08 PM Reply   
Props to u man......dont big wakeboard wakes kick ass compared to puny little I/o wakes. Wut tricks can u do?
Old    wakeboard4568            07-27-2002, 9:56 AM Reply   
CHris, I know!The wake was awesome. I'm only abeginner so I can't do any inverts or anything but i popped off the wake & i got as much air as ive ever gotten. My friend Matt was there though too & he's pretty good & he got most triumphant air.