Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-29-2005, 5:08 PM Reply   
Going to demo this boat tomorrow and wondering what everyonr thinks about it in terms of wake, performance and quality. I like the look and fell of it - wondering if the single standard ballast is enough or if triple ballast is required to get a good size wake. Basically, I'm comparing this to Sanger V215 for the same $$ and Malibu vride for a bit more. Thanks for the input!
Old    mendo247            10-29-2005, 5:47 PM Reply   
i was shopping in same price range and went with the v215... great wake, great ride, great fit and finish, ton of interior room and storage, great price! havent had any complaints so far..
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-29-2005, 5:52 PM Reply   
how long have you had your V215? did you demo any centurions or malibu vride and if so, how did wakes compare?
Old    mendo247            10-29-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
ive been behind malibu and around centurions..the malibu is one of the greatest hulls of all time in my opinion.. fit and finish is excellent.. that always seems to be an issue with the centurions.. ive heard the newer centurions are getting much better though.. im still playing with the wake on my 215.. but everyone who rides behind it seems to be impressed.. there is a ton of people on here with these boats and they all absoutely love them.. you can buy a fully loaded v215 for a substancial amount less than a vride.. guess the wake 4 in the wakeboard discussion are a few pics of my wake for refrence.. my fav part of the boat is interior room and storage feel reallty big, and the boats handles awesome!doesnt drive like a big boat at all.. dang near handles as good as my ol direct drive.. if you get a chance to drive all three you will notice the difference...
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-29-2005, 7:38 PM Reply   
Tracy-
The center ballast(500) is a good start, but definitely doesnt give me the wake i wanted, i would go for the triple, simply because in our centurion weighting the nose is key to throw a really nice wake.
~Tyler~
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-29-2005, 11:35 PM Reply   
rich, if you have the triple ballast then if you you want a sweet wake throw a 600lb sack starting at the drivers seat going back, rope at 70' and then my friend 215 gives you wings!!
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-29-2005, 11:53 PM Reply   
Two questions: 1) How would you compare 215 wake to LIghtning C4's wake?

2) Anyone know the height of Lightning C4 tower when collapsed? I know 215 will fit in 7' garage but not sure of Centurion...please help if you know...thx
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-30-2005, 4:02 AM Reply   
Tower folded down is about 7'-8". won't fit in my 7' high door. Took tower off, put boat in and laid tower on sunpad. As long as it is inside, I am happy. We have an 04 Cyclone. Love it....Don't know anything about the Sanger, but most people that have them really like them. Wouldn't trade my Cyclone for the world.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-30-2005, 10:00 AM Reply   
Patt, how difficult is it to remove the tower and do you need special tools?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-30-2005, 10:37 AM Reply   
Have you tried to put the 215 in a 7 ft garage? Won't fit in mine! you need 8ft...

my neighbor has the C-4 we rode mine then his one day and we have pulled his out since just becuase he loves my wake so much. Now I am NOT bashing the C-4 its a nice boat I enjoyed riding behind it but when I went back to mine you could tell the difference soon as you hit the wake.

One of the things I can tell you is that Sanger boats are the best keep secret's which is why they are not as expensive as the others. You don't have the BLING BLING that MC's do, interior is nice but not quite Malibu, but the wake is the best in the industry with needing a wedge thinging attachment, or extreme amount of ballast bags...

I 've heard alot of issues with centurion but my neighbor (Rusty) hasn't had any of those issues so I think that those worries are in the past.

You really can't go wrong these days its just best to demo the boats, same day if you can. Then decide which fits your budget and YOU!
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-30-2005, 10:55 AM Reply   
I see why now it won't fit in my 7ft I don't set the tower all the way down on the seats cause I dont want the rack forks messing with my interior.. So I stand corrected..
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-30-2005, 10:56 AM Reply   
Rich Take that sanger sticker off your flames , t would look sick!!
Old    mendo247            10-30-2005, 3:08 PM Reply   
KENNY- 215 gives me wings! your killin me.. get your butt up to berryessa turkey day and well try it out.. i know you told me that before butt i have yet to try it.. i do have led stashed through out the boat but would love to try the six hundred in the middle on top of factory! im still debating the whole sticker thing.. kinda torn on what to do..centurions have almost the exact same flame.. well see.. yours definetly looks saaaweeett!
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-30-2005, 3:42 PM Reply   
I do plan on coming up for a day bringing the wifey but not the boat as we'll be sluts that day!

I haven't riden in awhile, truefully only 2x since tweeking both ankles.. Right is now G2G, but the left is still tender, I am hopen to get out this weekend to get my feel back a little.....
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-30-2005, 3:45 PM Reply   
I do plan on coming up for a day bringing the wifey but not the boat as we'll be sluts that day!

I haven't riden in awhile, truefully only 2x since tweeking both ankles.. Right is now G2G, but the left is still tender, I am hopen to get out this weekend to get my feel back a little.....
Old     (ef3529)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-30-2005, 4:25 PM Reply   
Tracy, the C-4 is an awesome boat. The ride is great as well. The hull is a scaled down Avalanche. The wake is very steep. I don't know about the Sanger but the people who have them seem to like them. It is your money. DEMO, DEMO and then decide. Never let anyone else tell you how to spend your money. I would also get the triple ballast.
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-30-2005, 4:54 PM Reply   
Realize you will need to take the my boat is da bomb others are crap stuff with a grain of salt... Hardly objective.
Most posters on this board are not in a position to comment on optimized setups in various boats. They know what they ride, they ride what they love, they love what they ride, to the extent that they are willing to let opinion reach the threshold of fact.
Some will claim they have ridden behind "everything"... how many of these "rides" were optimized, how many really took place? how much of it is simple hyperbole? Teen dreams. Anyone who claims otherwise need only do a search for similar strings.
You really need to demo and make up your own mind. Be wary of test venues, use the same water if possible. you need 15'-20' of depth to make a good wake.
How many of the boats out there these days are actually bad, not worth having, Make sure the dealer is someone you want to deal with for the time you own your boat.
Chose one, then at about your 20 hour mark you can start posting how your boat is the better than others. Enjoy!

Sorry, but it is the end of a long season of "My (insert your brand) is the best" over, and over, and over again.