Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-31-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
I have been pulling this trick that I thought was a back roll. I hit the wake and it is almost like a cartwheel in the air. It is the definition of a front flip but I am doing it backwards. There is no such thing as a backflip on the trick list. So I don't know what it is. If any one could help me that would be great.
Old     (alanp)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-01-2005, 10:25 AM Reply   
hs frontflip
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-01-2005, 1:26 PM Reply   
I am going backwards off the wake though. It is a backwards cart wheel
Old                08-01-2005, 8:21 PM Reply   
as far as i know it would be a hs backflip. i've heard of a few people doing them but they're not that popular i guess.
Old                08-02-2005, 5:56 AM Reply   
Sounds like your pulling a "Frantrum", basically that's something in between a Frontflip (cartwheel) and Trantrum (backflip). Which, I donít believe is a real trick. But, Iíve heard the term thrown around.

I know this seems odd at first, but most wake inverts are named based on how the board rotates, which is not always the same as your body. If it goes tip over tip, it's considered a flip. If it goes side over side itís a roll. I think when they (wake pioneers) first started naming tricks, they were trying to make everything a roll or a flip. Not sure who named the tantrum, but they probably where thinking, hmmm, itís a roll, and Iím doing a backflip, but backroll has already been taken.
Anyway, checkout the trick list and instructionals on the home page, and that will explain them a lot more.
Old    stoked27            08-02-2005, 5:17 PM Reply   
I've noticed that recently too. That a backroll is more along the lines of a backwards gainer (sp). Kind of like running backwards, and doing a frontflip, taking the board edge over edge, instead of tip over tip. Even though there may not be a "hs backflip", I still consider the back cartwheel to be one, since the backroll is different.
Old                08-02-2005, 5:53 PM Reply   
HS Frontroll according to "The Book"
Old     (stunt3342)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-02-2005, 6:53 PM Reply   
sounds like a fantrum for sure, but i don't know how u got that mixed up with a backroll. def need to fix something
Old                08-02-2005, 7:15 PM Reply   
i think when he ment "It is the definition of a front flip but I am doing it backwards." he was rotating the opposite way. kind of like if you were to try a backroll and instead of throwing your board behind your lead shoulder, throwing the board straight up infront of you and rotating cartwheel like the definition of what would be a hs backflip, tip over tip.
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-02-2005, 8:48 PM Reply   
That is what I meant.
Old     (alanp)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-03-2005, 5:04 AM Reply   
mexican backroll?
Old                08-03-2005, 12:44 PM Reply   
Yes, that's considered a mexican roll...


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:59 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us