Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-25-2005, 8:27 PM Reply   
I just thought some of you might be interested in how the lake is coming along.

http://lakepowell.water-data.com/WaterDB/LP_WaterDB.php

It's incredible to think that a lake 90+ miles long could go up that much in one day. The projections for the future are also very interesting: Just scroll down until you hit Lake Powell

http://www.usbr.gov/lc/region/g4000/24mo.pdf
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-26-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
Talltigeguy - saw the same thing! I check it everyday now. Our week long trip w/ houseboat is planned for 1 week from today, can't wait! Have you been down yet?
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-26-2005, 8:49 AM Reply   
Temps got really hot in the west, snowpack melting quick, colorado river flow getting high.

All of that is really good news as the average Colorado river flow was the worst it has been in 500 yrs.
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-26-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
Over 16" for yesterday!
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-26-2005, 5:19 PM Reply   
I'm going to be at bullfrog June 10-16. I can't wait. I'm just scared at what hazards used to be easily seen 2 feet out of the water will be just under water before anyone has time to mark them. This will be my first time this year.

Notice that the inflows for lake powell for the water year are only at 94% so far.

(Message edited by talltigeguy on May 26, 2005)
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-26-2005, 8:44 PM Reply   
Shocking too is the increase in water temp! 12 degrees in two weeks!
Old     (jwag)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-27-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
That is awesome. If I am reading this correctly looks like shasta is going up as well.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?s=SHA&d=27-May-2005+10:31&span=1month

10ft? in the last month
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-27-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
I was at McClure last weekend, it was rising 4 feet per day with all of the snowmelt (Yosemite is flooding). The ranger told us it rose over 10' in one day, last thursday when it was warm and raining. There were two guys walking around the marina adjusting the cables full time both days I was there.