Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    bambamski            05-07-2005, 7:17 PM Reply   
It's time to start filling the tanks, we were on the water today and I was trying to figure out where the shut off valve is. I tried callin the dealer but they closed a 4 today. They rewinterized my boat and they said they shut the valve for the ballast system. Anyone know where the heck it is? There is one hose going into a box with three hoses going out on the port side of the engine. I don't see any switches though? Am I looking in the right place?

The MC manual sucks, it doesn't tell you squat!
Old    gobiggrom54            05-08-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
The ballast switches are to the right of the driver seat or bottom right corner of the dash or somewhere next to the drivers seat i totally forgot i havent been in the boat for like 9 months

check those places but im pretty sure its to the right of the drivers seat
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-08-2005, 8:33 PM Reply   
are you talking about the ..fill and empty switch??

If yes,it is on the left side of the driver under the throttle!At least on the 04 and I believe it didn't change.
Old    bambamski            05-08-2005, 8:36 PM Reply   
Sorry not those switches

My dealer re winterized my boat and said they closed the valves. I can't find any leavers or switches under the engine that will open them.

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-08-2005, 8:52 PM Reply   
My boat is not her so I can't go check right now but the levers you might be talking about at the pumps themselves.
Old     (jess)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2005, 4:02 AM Reply   
There is a sea cock on the hose coming from the water intake to the distributor box. That is what you are looking for.
Old    wakefunx2            05-09-2005, 7:48 AM Reply   
The Valve that you are looking for is in with the motor, on the port side, it had a red handel and a white houseing with a lager gage house coming out of it. I am 90% sure thats what your talking about and you need to turn it about a half turn and it should be open at that pioint and off you go. Altho im sure by this point in time you have talked to your dealer, so let me know if i was right or if i was wrong.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
Right, except that it is on the starboard side, unless they switched it from '03.
Old    bambamski            05-09-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
I just talked to my dealer and they said it's on the starboard side. It's a red leaver, when it's up the valve is shut and when it's horizontal it's open.

I saw the leaver when we were on the water but my sales guy said it was on the port side (he was wrong). I didn't want to push the leaver down in case it shut the water off to the engine or something like that. That would be bad...

Thanks, hopefully it'll work next I'm out.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us