Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (2high4u)      Join Date: May 2004       04-24-2005, 1:43 PM Reply   
This is my intened system for My New 05' Centurion Enzo

4x 10" Eminence Beta 250w (on tower facing rider)
2x SkyTec HLCD (10"x4" horns) 600w each (max RMS)
2x 8" Eminence Beta 125w (on tower facing forward)
2x 15" Sony Hex subs
4x CRUNCH-MXB4125 amps (2 amps running both pairs of 10", 1 amp running 8" and HLCD and 1 amp running 2 x 15" subs)

The boat hasn't arrived yet so not sure how many pre outs the headunit has? But a Good HU can be sourced quickly if needed.

The main questions are:

Crossovers for HLCD!!!!?, now i know i'm walking into a complete nightmare but any help and guidance would be gratefully appreciated...

Line Drivers and EQ, do I neer them, if so what models do you suggest?

and

Volume control, where the best place to get a couple of LC1's

Thank you in advance for any help
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-25-2005, 5:31 AM Reply   
Jon, I would not use Beta's facing forward. They project out way too much to be any good for in the boat listening. You won't even hear the detail until you are aout 5 feet infront of the bow. If you want speakers on the tower than can be heard on the boat use some car audio ones next to the Betas in a seperate can.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-25-2005, 5:50 AM Reply   
What is the purpose of having forward-facing speakers, other that the obvious - blasting music to the whole lake and announcing you're presence. That tends to piss off most people. If you are trying to play music for persons in your bow, a set of good 6 1/2's should do the trick.
Old     (2high4u)      Join Date: May 2004       04-25-2005, 9:44 AM Reply   
Its ok boys i will not be annoying any1 really from on here i live in Jersey in the Channel islands UK just off the french coast..Theres only a few of us who have boats and were all good mates..! so you don't have to worry about your ears starting to bleed! but you might just here my sound across the atlantic!!!
Old     (hyrific)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-25-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
You should do a search about building your owen pro audio tower speakers there is a lot of peoples opinons about crossovers and such also most people say that the horns are so efficent that you have to turn them down to get a good sound.