Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    Rich (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-15-2005, 8:58 AM Reply   
I have had the Project, Premier, LF Team and I am looking into a new board. I was looking for something with the teams edge and the Premiers ride.

Any thoughts on the Player or Valhalla?
Old    (DRA) deltariders.com (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-15-2005, 6:18 PM Reply   
I wish I could tell you from personal experience what I thought but the vendor is laging big time on deliveries. From what I am told on the Player it is one of if not the best obrien board. Like I said its only what I am told but he says it has an abundance of pop and is soft in the landings. As soon as the demo' store I will be trying both.

(Message edited by Sanger215guy on April 15, 2005)
Old    (DRA) deltariders.com (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-15-2005, 6:21 PM Reply   
I don't get the red dots is should be " where the dots are.
Old    Rich (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-15-2005, 9:33 PM Reply   
hahaha, I got a demo from a shop here.....will let you know
Old    (DRA) deltariders.com (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-15-2005, 10:52 PM Reply   
you suck

let me know
Old    J Jakober (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2005, 4:00 PM Reply   
The Player is a great 3 stage rocker board, it is also well suited to be ridden finless but I have to say that I like the ride of the Valhalla mush better then the Player. Since the Player is 3 stage it is kinda slow, but the Valhalla has progressive rocker so the speed is much better. I always felt like I had to work to get the speed on the Player, but not with the Valhalla. The Valhalla also lands softer then the Player thanks to it's large center spine. The other really cool thing about the Valhalla is that there are so many different ways to configure the fins. It is a great finless board, then you can add the Crook fins for a riding on rails feeling when cutting to the wake. Then for the beginner you can add the center fin for ultra stability and control.

Check them both out and let us know what you think!!

Later,
jjakober
Old    Rich (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-16-2005, 9:05 PM Reply   
Ok rode it today, it was slower than my Team, but I really liked the plush ride. Landings were like butter even when I case it.

I am trying the player next.