Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-24-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
Hey guys I've got a '02 Sanger DLX Wake that I am trying to add a center ballast to.

Question is this: Does anyone know where I can get switches to match the factory ballast/dash switches for the boat. I don't know the brand, but I need a DPDT switch to run the ballast pump and a circut breaker for protection. West Marine has switches that would work, but I'd like to make it match if possible.

For those that have done the ballast thing I'd love some opinions of the following:

I already have the bag to use in the ski locker and was thinking of adding another through hull fitting next to the one for the rear ballast and a reversible "ballast puppy" pump to pump in and out of the through hull. I was going to mount the pump under the passanger side seat, under the dash. Does this sound like a decent idea. I was could probably use the existing through hull, but I don't want to force water back into the rear ballast tank when I am draining the center if the boat is on plane. I would also like to use a reversible/self priming pump so the pump doesn't have to below the water line and so that I don't have to have a bleed for the air in the sack (if it gets excessive air trapped I can just pull the top plug). So far that's the easiest solution I can come up with.... 1 pump, 4 wires to run, a through hull fitting and 2 hoses.

Any other ideas would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old    nvwake            03-24-2005, 9:55 AM Reply   
I have the 2003 230, It came with the center tank and after a summer of messing with sacks in the back I needed a change. In order to protect the warranty we had to send the boat to the factory in Fresno. They added the hard tanks in the rear lockers. They installed the pumps and drilled the hull. It looks clean and was worth the cost.
Your local dealer should be able to set up the shipping.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-24-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
I have 96 DLX that had no wake enhancement so I did my own in the locker using Skylon sac. You got everything right except you will need a 1 way ck valve at the rear thru hull or just past the pump or the sac will reverse drain under pressure from movement. I also highly reccomend you put a thru hull and run vent hose. If someone forgets the sac will explode, trust me I have forgotten. There is a home run under driver dash that goes straight to locker if you remove fiberglass home run cover for cables and wiring. I used 3/4 thru hull & 1/2" hose.

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-24-2005, 11:07 AM Reply   
Thanks Rick... That's exactly what I'll do. Where did you get the check valve. I was thinking that since the pump would be higher than the sack that it wouldn't allow it to reverse drain.?.? I was also thinking I could "T" into the bilge thru hull if I could find a 1 way valve. What did you do for the water inlet/outlet. I was going to get a brass thru hull like the one for the other ballast and engine cooling. The one for the other ballast is turned backwards, so I'm guessing I'll do the same for the new one (keeps system from filling under pressure when running for the rear tank, but prevents filling while in motion).

Thanks for the help, guys. Anyone have the manufacture name for the swiches in the dash. They are the same as the 215 pictured in one of the threads.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-24-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
I would give a call to Sanger. The north CA rep is Scott. He has been very helpful to us. We actually sent our Sanger V215 back to Fresno not too long ago. They installed rear ballast and a PP. It is all covered thru Sanger and it was not at all expense. Give them a call.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-27-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
I installed a bronze thru hull under engine and used a regular pump with a manual ball valve out of paranoia. I should have done more research and installed in the rear. Mine will fill while under way & it's very fast, but if ball valve is not closed it does reverse and suck sac dry. I installed 2 thru hulls next to driver, one is vent/overflow, 2nd is discharge. Wish I had reversible pump and had installed in the back.
a loop in the hose might work but a ck valve is cheap andavailable @ Lowes or Hm depot in plastic. A good plumbing store or west marine will have brass/bronze i would think.


Old    foobysmacker            03-31-2005, 1:15 AM Reply   
3-way DPST dashboard fill switch ask for Don at 800-531-8409 or 616-241-3645 make sure you ask him for the switch with two lights on it. Part numbers 0862-0113

I got them for my 01 V210 Ballast project. Same as original switches
Old    foobysmacker            03-31-2005, 1:16 AM Reply   
Oh yeah and thanks to Ty for his original post on his V210 ballast project-- he's the one who found those switches


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us