Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (cgutzmer)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-26-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
Anyone demoed or rode behing the 05 SV-211 air nautique with the fusion hull? I was checking this boat out at the boat show and I am interested to see what the wake grate does to the wake if it any better then then previous hulls without it.
Old    hundo            01-26-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
ask clubmkye
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-26-2005, 3:12 PM Reply   
if you ski too you will love it for its crossover capabilities!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-26-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
Craig ~ I rode with clubmyke on Saturday and what a nice boat the SV 211 is. The wake grate does a lot. My buddy was driving the boat and changed it to Slalom/cruse mode and even with extra weight and the ballast full the wake got really small. I tried to jump it and there was no pop at all. The wake grate doesn't help create a bigger wake, it help reduce it.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-26-2005, 7:07 PM Reply   
wether it is better than previous hulls is hard to say(i am new to boating and have nothing to compare it to) really would suggest taking one out or ask someone who has rode behind both.

regardless, the hydrogate does work, we let antbug go for a couple runs wih out telling him ( it was big eds idea...and there was no pop at all. the wake table really smoothed out)

here are some pics that i posted at planet nautique on its first run..

the first pic is at 35 mph and no ballast and the second at 22 with ballast..(the boat has broken in and i am learning about weight distribution and the stock wake with ballast is cleaner than when i first bought it

i spoke with the local dealer and he said the 211 doesnt need as much weight or speed to get a killer wake ( about 21 mph) as compared to the 210.... i am experimenting with weighing it down and (600 lbs lead)and will post before and after pics..

if i can my wake close to socalpunk(jeff) 210, i will be happy..
ski at 35
wake @ 22

(Message edited by clubmyke on January 26, 2005)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-26-2005, 7:21 PM Reply   
Humbly honored to be mentioned with such regard (the wake)

Mike - The wake in that 2nd pic looks pretty darn sweet!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-26-2005, 7:49 PM Reply   
jeff,

thanks..

your 210 has a clean/huge/smooth wake... pretty #$^&*# amazing !!!

btw, how is your knee recovery coming ?

the second pic was with factory ballast only and the hydrogate in the wakeboard mode..

it really cleans up with some lead ( still experimenting)

hope to see you wakeboaridng again soon !!!
Old    blind5            01-26-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
we loaded a 211 from the local nautique dealer up with about 2500lbs. and it was sweet. much more like a malibu wake, but it still had a lip at the top of the wake like a 210
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-26-2005, 8:29 PM Reply   
rob,

how did you have it loaded ?

your insight would be greatly appreciated !!!!!
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-26-2005, 8:47 PM Reply   
How is this different than TAPS? I am assuming Correct Craft doesn't use a wakeplate? Just curious, looks like it has the same idea, but a different way of achieving the results.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-27-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
Nooooooooooo, Jeff say it ain't so?!? You didn't hurt your knee did you?
Old     (tidalwake0504)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-27-2005, 2:58 PM Reply   
Here are some pics of my 211 wake with stock ballast and hydrogate in wakeboard mode @ 18mph

Old     (tidalwake0504)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-27-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
Also on saturday ill be putting an aditionaly 600 in the rear ill post pics of the wake then.
Old    blind5            01-27-2005, 9:00 PM Reply   
put a lot of weight in the mid to front sections

I think we squeezed two 350 pounders on each side of the moter a 500 pounder in the locker and the rest people and stock tanks. those sacks don't fit good at all, we did have to play around a lot