Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                06-21-2004, 1:10 PM Reply   
I keep putting slack in the line when I cut back towards the wake. Am I cutting out to far, not cutting back in properly?

Maybe I just don't understand the fundimentals of cutting back in? Any sugestions or advice?
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-21-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
After you've cut out, don't be in a hurry to make your cut back toward the wake. It sounds to me like you are cutting out really hard, and immediately starting your wake approach, which is too early.

Once you've cut out, let off of your edge, and coast until the boat starts pulling you back in to the wake. Once you feel the rope start to pull, edge back toward the wake and your problem should be solved.

Another tip you might try is not cutting out so fast. Try edging out slowly, by doing this, you'll be keeping a good tension on your way out, and on your way in as well. Try that, and I think your problems will be solved. Let me know how it works out.

Blake
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-21-2004, 3:25 PM Reply   
Try Blake's advice, basically the only other possibility is that you are cutting too fast too early on your cut in then flattening out. You want to make a nice gradual cut in then as you get closer to the wake you want to put more of the board on edge and cut through the wake. It should be a smooth gradual motion of increased pulling all the way through the wake. That is what people mean when they say a progressive cut. If your rhythm is jerky either on the way in or out, then you will get slack. Think of yourself as a metronome, which has a specific tempo. If you throw off that rhythm, the metronome doesn't work as well.