Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (weekend_wakeboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-06-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
since i ride in salt-water, the metal all starts to corrode and get oxidized even tho i take the bindings off and wash all the parts of them and the holes in the board, so i was wondering what you could do to slow the process of all of this because the board is only 3 months old and i dont want it to look like its a good few years old...
Old     (socalrick)      Join Date: May 2005       02-06-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
I ride in salt water all the time, just rinse and relax after each ride. I have never had a salt related issue.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-06-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
boa's don't like salt
Old     (weekend_wakeboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-06-2007, 2:59 PM Reply   
nacho, i think that is why im sticking to salt water for a while, i hate snakes!

Rick, thats what i do, but dont you see that there is a whitish oxidation buildup in the binding placement holes?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-06-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
I ride in salt water a lot and never had that problem... sometimes i dont even wash my board for about 4 days. I dont know what to say... Just rinse it well with fresh water!
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-11-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
boa's are a binding system that uses a knob to tighten the boot. The knob on these murray bindings is what the boa's are http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/hyperlite_wakeboard_bindings/hyperlite_murray_bindings_07
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-11-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
I ride in salt and i just throw my board in the pool when i get home. You don't need to be taking off the bindings, by the time the screws rust the rest of your board will be messed up and you'll need a new one anyways
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-11-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
I ride in salt and have NEVER had a corrosion problem. I rinse the board off normally but not always.
Old     (abhoe157)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-11-2007, 8:20 PM Reply   
we ride in brackish water we hose everything off and dry it wtih a towel and store it in the house.