Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ldeisel42)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-08-2013, 1:49 PM Reply   
I was hoping to get some guidance about upgrading perfect pass from wakeboard pro to gps stargazer...
I have had some issues with my current setup when boat is weighted. It fluctuates much more than I would like...would gps fix this or is the weight the issue? Also I do most of my wakeboarding in a river with current... I have also read gps had issues with current...bottom line ...would it be worth the 500 to upgrade?
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-08-2013, 1:56 PM Reply   
You might want to take a look at this product: http://nauticlaugic.com/products.html

I bought it because my paddle wheel was broken and it's worked very well for me. Better than paddlewheel. Takes 5 minutes or less to install, plugs right into your PP. Only downside I'm aware of is I can't use it in rivers.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-08-2013, 2:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brhanley View Post
You might want to take a look at this product: http://nauticlaugic.com/products.html

I bought it because my paddle wheel was broken and it's worked very well for me. Better than paddlewheel. Takes 5 minutes or less to install, plugs right into your PP. Only downside I'm aware of is I can't use it in rivers.
Thanks for the link. I didn't know they made that. It might be my next upgrade. I was thinking about getting a WS 420 EQ but this my be a better bang for my buck at the moment.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-08-2013, 2:32 PM Reply   
I upgraded to Stargazer Wake edition a couple years ago and it was the best decision I ever made, perfect consistent speed every time no matter how much weight I put in the boat. I might be mistaken but i think they make a version for rivers which you can set to adjust for the current.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-08-2013, 2:34 PM Reply   
Upgraded last year. Awesome difference. Always on point. Install takes like 4 minutes
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-08-2013, 5:02 PM Reply   
First, if you are using a GPS based system in a river, you will always have to adjust the speed setting to account for the moving water. For instance if you want to wakeboard at 22 in a river flowing 3 mph, you'd have to set PerfectPass to 19 when heading upriver and 25 when traveling downriver. It's doable but kind of a pain.

Second, try playing with your settings before going to the cost of an upgrade. I had exactly that same problem with mine - speed would surge and or drop when hitting rollers. I played with the KDW , Nn, and CS settings based on info from folks on this board and haven't had problems since (I'd tell you what settings I used, but I can't remember them).