Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (matt03384)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-09-2009, 8:22 PM Reply   
I have a 19 ft I/O and I'm trying to perfect the wake, I have 2 350lbs sacs, I've been reading that you want to place them in the front bow and the middle walkway to distribute the weight correctly, The past 3 years I put them in the engine compartments on each side of the engine, the wake wasn't ever ''great'' but when i got to ride behind a nautique it was amazing, i realize i'll never get a wake of that size but i want to try to make something with the same kind of pop. How should i weight my boat?Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       02-09-2009, 8:27 PM Reply   
try putting one in the bow, and one in the middle walkway, i/o's like weight in the front. if i was weighting your boat i'd put about 400 in the back and 600/700 in the front, or something like that. just try moving them around, but it should improve as you move weight forward.
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       02-09-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
or put one in the bow and one in the center ski locker, that should work the best.
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-10-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
I/O's are all different, but my 22' Cobalt likes most weight up front. Currently have 2 400#'s up front and 2 250#'s in the back. Gonna try 2 700#'s up front and move the 400#'s to the back and see how the wake is next summer. Once I get the right combo, gonna put in a fully auto system with pumps.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-10-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
Fill your ski locker with sandbags, then raise your trim till the wake gets clean. Amazing how much you can adjust the wake with the trim button.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-10-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
Adding a $40 foil on your stern will help enable you to use more trim to tune the wake.